Everything Ivy + Hanging Plants Volumes

Submission latest: BushGen04-Bushes05

2 Likes

Alien Fauna project:
You can get the package here by adding it/opening after purchase, in Unity. The Files are not altered in format like Unreal, so FBX and PNGs are intact for importing into a Unreal project. You will need to make the materials but is you need help doing this, post here and I will give a short tutorial.

I am planning next week to begin preparing my packs for Turbosquid, albeit they are quite greedy demanding 40% commision as opposed to 30% from Unreal and Unity. It would seem unfair to charge more, or get less. I may consider setting up a store online. I can add material pack downloads for each engine.

1 Like

New submission today BushGen04-Bushes06 featuring 10 Laurel Leaf and 10 Simple leafed bushes in the pack, each are unique not only within this pack but also to any other pack from our studio.

1 Like

Another submission today, BushGen04-Bushes07

1 Like

Uploaded for approval: TreeGen04-BirchTrees01

1 Like

Uploaded for approval: TreeGen04-FirTrees01

These are young Fir trees, offered in 2 formats.

1. Combined meshes for use in terrain painting.
  2. Separate Trunk and Branch/Leaf meshes. Collision applied only to the trunk, Distant Field Meshes applied only to the Branch/Leaf meshes.
1 Like

Uploaded for approval: TreeGen04-FirTrees02
A massive 37 Unique Fir Trees.

1 Like

Hi @Immersive-Games!

I did reach out regarding the issues you were having submitting your work prior. The Marketplace team is separate from the department I am in, but I am happy to see your wondrous work getting approved without interruption now!

Your latest submissions are stunning! I love the up angled screenshot of the birch with the sunlight filtering through the leaves, and the young firs take me back to the northern US in the winter! I haven’t heard of Turbosquid, but a 40% commish seems ridiculous!

1 Like

Hello again,
It seems I’m in the groove and the packs are flying about, thank you for anything you did, the guys in the Marketplace are a great team and mostly help me focus on any issues. I didn’t know you worked for Unreal and most certainly would not have taken advantage of that. I am glad you like my work :slight_smile:

I’ve been having great fun with the screenshots, takes me back to when I would spend days out in the country with my camera. I may do some scene setups and take screenshots now the flurry of Gen04 presentations are subsiding.

Turbosquid isn’t the only model selling website out there, Unity and Unreal are the cheapest commission at 30%, 40-50% is not unusual.

1 Like

Yes, I’m so happy everything is working smoothly for you now! You’re most welcome! I’m a big fan of your work and am more than happy to assist if anything goes wrong here. I’m very glad that the Marketplace staff has been so helpful!

Wow! 40%-50% commission is the norm?! :exploding_head: What a tough break!

I look forward to your future screenshots! You certainly have what I call the “photographer’s eye”. Have you made any cinematics in UE?

1 Like

Hello again,
Thank you for taking an interest in my work, it is always good to get feedback, the silence on forums is quite erie sometimes. Having stats on visitors or views would perhaps be useful.

I am working on the last batch of Gen04 packs, the Hawthorn Tree, using real photographs of the leaves that I took myself that I then layered into the branches, for greater realism.

Despite creating the first professional Machinima advertising company in a VR environment (Second Life) back in 2004 and making films of events like parties, fashion shows, weddings and advertising, I have not done so in any other engine. I grab the occasional bit of static footage as an explanation of how to do something, I have not learnt how to do cinematics in Unreal, the need hasn’t driven me to research and learn how.
I have made movie clips for most of the games I have created using several techniques, mainly within the movie editing studios I use. All contain 3rd person perspective views from actual game footage.

1 Like

The TreeGen04-Hawthorn01 has now been submitted for approval:

The pack consists of 2 types of Model.

1. Combined meshes which can be used for general placement including terrain painting, they have complex collision that can be turned off if required and a Distant Mesh created.
  2. 2 Mesh models have the ‘wood’ and the leave meshes separated, collision is only applied to the 'wood mesh only, not the leaves and only the leaves have a Distant Mesh applied. Distant Meshes can be overridden in the Editor settings if not required. The 2 mesh models cannot be used in terrain painting but have higher mesh density for closeup scenes, where collision would hinder game play if on leaves and small/thin branches.
    There are 3 season materials to choose from, Spring, Summer and Autumn. Each materials hosts a Diffuse, Normal and AO (height is only on the Bark, as it causes artifacts in alpha supported shaders). The leaf textures are all real photographs (taken by me from local trees).
1 Like

If anyone is interested regarding how to use any of the packs our studio create in earlier or later Editor versions, there is information of how to do this Here
This was taken from our actual workflow and will work with all our products, unless stated otherwise on the pack.

1 Like

Another submission for approval: TreeGen04-Juniper01

1 Like

These are created using real photographs of both the leaves and bark, for greater realism.

1 Like

Made a submission yesterday TreeGen04-Sycamore01 and it has already been approved and available Here

1 Like

Submitted for approval, TreeGen04-Walnut01

Wow already approved and available here…. those guys work real fast.

1 Like

Submitted for Approval, TreeGen04-PineTrees01

Wow, that was quick… already approved and available Here

1 Like

Hi Immersive-Games!

You’ve got the ball rolling strongly with these amazing flora! I’m still utterly impressed that you are able to incorporate your detailed photos into such detailed and beautiful trees! I want to park it underneath a walnut tree and frolic among the groves! LOL! :deciduous_tree: I remain in awe!

1 Like

Hi, thank you for your encouraging comments.

I’m considering doing some scenes using a mixture of trees, bushes and plants from the range, just to see what they would look like. Similar to the Oak Trees I did earlier but with more content. I’ll post the links here, probably with a low resolution version for display. The links will be to 4k versions.
It will also allow me to play with wind, see how the gradients of the vertices colouring maps work.

I have come to the end of the current Gen04 series, the next series will have different age ranges and I want to add some ivy vines, which I see a lot on trees as I drive around.

1 Like