EVERY Texture is Broken

Everything is transparent and the perception of some objects is broken even in this example project I made (i.e. the camera on the left of the screenshot is about 20 units from where the editor camera is) validating all map files gives me various load errors for EVERY texture including the ones in the starter pack as well as imported ones

Just an update, re-importing did nothing. EVEN WORSE, upon creating a new project, all textures are still transparent, even after importing new textures that have not yet touched the editor AND I can no longer move ANY object placed.

Try re import just one texture from the starter-pack and see if it works. If not I smell file corruption and you may need to start over or rollback :frowning:

Or you may have made some changes and nothing is broken :slight_smile: Post the errors maybe?

so whats the question?

Everything is transparent

i see many things in your screenshot that would refute that statement.

from what youve described it sounds like your camera is too close to the objects which makes them basically clip which would make them not appear. this is further exemplified by the massive camera in the shot which extends to below the floor plane.

Here is a better screenshot
255424-
][1]

also, any flat png-like textures are all now facing downward

above comment is your answer

the textures were ALL opaque upon the previous load of this project, but now they are all transparent and broken

I will reinstall and get back to you

Nothing. this was a problem that appeared directly after loading, meaning it functioned properly pre-load, and no changes had/have been made post-load

If you created a new project from scratch and it still persists, the problem is with your UE4 installation or your graphics card, not the projects them selves.

I’d reinstall UE4.

thats not a question as it doesnt ask anything nor does it contain a question mark.

if the project worked before and now doesnt then the real question is, what did you change?

what part is actually transparent in your picture? the only part that looks like an issue is the helmet which looks as if you flipped its normals so its rendering on the inside instead of the outside of the mesh.

Goodluck!!

This is likely caused by the ‘Near Clip Plane’ setting which can be found inside the project settings.

By default it’s 10.0 and you probably shouldn’t go much lower than 2.0. But just be weary that when you ever change it you may have adverse affects with cameras. Also bare in mind you’ll need to restart the editor for the setting to take effect.

Hope that helps!

THANK YOU!

I thought my project broke but I was messing with the “Near Clip Plane” as one of my meshes were disappearing when the camera got close, turns out that was due to the Rendering bounds but I left the clip plane to 0 during the fiddling.

The clip plane setting back to 2 brought the project back to normal. Thanks a ton!