Establishing Servers for fortnite in South Africa

Good Day All,

I have recently started developing games in the the Unreal Engine Fortnite. I am a South African. and i would like to know if there is a possiblity of establishing Fortnite servers for my country myself with AWS.

I have been in contact with AWS and i have also recently join AWS Insider for developing. I would like to know if anyone thinks this is possible and maybe hel me by directing me to the right channels within epic games to propose this idea.

I look forward to see what you guys think.

i totaly agree there really should be south african fortnite servers, especially in lower south africa where we have to play on high ping, reply if i can help with anything

2 Likes

Quick Question:
How did servers work on LAN back in the day for example?
-Didn’t the servers work off the end-user via their device?

*Because, could Fortnite set up something similar to where ‘Servers’ are on ‘End-User Devices’? At least for Creative perhaps?
**This will free up server space on AWS and allow for lower ping for people in places that are far away from the AWS servers? At least for creative with max of (8-16) players perhaps?
***Would have to test for the maximum amount of players allowed, I know (100) would be a lot for an end-user device :wink:

Kinda like Xlink Kai???

*Should save Fortnite a lot of money too :wink:
**By not having to utilize as much AWS horsepower :wink:

I created a New Topic on this via my recommendation under Feedback & Requests :wink:

nice that you trying to help us high ping players in SA. But if you are in the US then why help us? Just curios.

We really do need a server i sit on 200 ping and sometimes at 300. I cant play like this and also if we get a sever i could compete with all these sweats
Plz epic can you give us a sever

just tryin to help u kno

Personally I would be super sad if I had to play at high ping.
Hope it works out for everyone in South Africa and everyone far away from the servers.