Creative Servers: Allow for 'end-users' to 'host' Creative games/islands

If Fortnite sets up something similar to ‘Xlink Kai’ where ‘Servers’ are on ‘End-User Devices’ for Creative Islands/Maps this would be pretty cool.

• This will free up server space on AWS and allow for lower ping for people in places that are far away from the AWS servers. *At least for creative with a max of (16) players?
    *Would have to test for the maximum amount of players allowed, I know (100) would be a lot for an end-user device :wink:
  • Would definitely save Fortnite a lot of money $$$ by reducing the amount of people on AWS Servers :slight_smile:
  • People playing Creative would have like zero-ping in places where access to Fortnite’s AWS Servers is really/really really far away.
  • *Would publicly matchmake with people in the user’s matchmaking region, setup under settings :wink:

*Xlink Kai Reference:

*Unless it works like this already then my badizzle :stuck_out_tongue:

*How ‘Xlink Kai’ works:

XLink Kai is a program that allows you to play system-link or LAN-enabled games across various consoles, including Xbox, PlayStation, GameCube, and more. Here’s a brief overview of how it works:

• Tunneling Application: XLink Kai acts as a “tunnel” between your console and other players’ consoles.
    *Data is sent from your console to your PC or Mac, then over the Internet through XLink Kai to the receiving PC or Mac, and finally to the other console.
  • The tunneling application basically enables LAN over WAN with end-user’s ‘utilizing their consoles as servers’ to play on. Thus not needing Xbox Live for example, or not needing a Host Server (like AWS) for example.

Thank you for your feedback. While I cannot guarantee a response, I can confirm that this has been forwarded to the appropriate team.

1 Like

Benefits:

• Save Fortnite/Epic a lot of money $$$ off of the servers
    *Could push towards higher benefit for Island Creators/SAC Program?
  • Allow for players to play creative through tunneling, instead of off the AWS servers :slight_smile:
    *Especially if they are in remote locations/really far away.
    *When AWS servers are down? and login service up?