ESC Inventory System

There is its own inventory system(This pack, right?), so I think that might be hard to implement. My inventory uses structs, that are different from Kit’s, so you have to rewrite almost everything to make it work with their inventory system. It would be easier to connect my system to database instead. It has inventory array and some functions, that must work on a server with DB, so if you can connect it, there wont be a problem. I have not ever worked with SQLDB, so i cant say for sure.

Good news for everyone. Inventory will be free :slight_smile: I will upload it a bit later.

U have submitted it to market with 20$, but I hope Epic will allow me to release it for free. Anyway, u always can download it from this topic.

Is there a download link for this somewhere? I don’t see it if there is. Looks pretty amazing I’d love to give it a try.

Awesome work AlFlakky. The speed-of-use & drag-n-drop caught my intention as I’m interested in a JRPG Style Action Menu. Traditionally JRPG Menus use dropdowns, but, I can visualize this grid-based menu applied in a similar manner.

Hello. It has some bugs, that i haven’t fixed yet, but I can release the beta version here, so u guys could download it and test…

That would be awesome. I’m sure everyone would be willing to test and help out a project such as this.

Hello again.

Here is the link to download my inventory(Expect Bugs!):
https://yadi.sk/d/XqTKHROUeDEE4
UE 4.7

I have no documentation on this, but there is a full project, that u saw on the video, so everything should work at start. It has comments, so I hope u will understand some parts of the code.

Let me know, if you have any troubles.

P.S. Thanks to Hakabane for some help.

Can I ask if you’ve added a license document to your package? If not, can I request you add a permissive license to it so we’re all legally sorted out? BSD, MIT or ZLIB licenses work well for this kind of thing (I prefer MIT/BSD).

Its just that without that, plenty of people can’t use your system due to potential legal issues.

Ta.

Oh… I have no idea about licenses… I live in Russia, so noone care about it here :smiley: But… Well…

Is that good? :smiley:

Its a little bit buggy. If I right click on an item in inventory and then click for example drop and then close the inventory and do a right click in space, it shows the RMB button again and shows the mouse over window…

Moin Moin…

It is not even hard to fix these small problems… think about it is shared for free and its version 0.7 beta. I think we should wait for later versions.

Maybe the community should stick together and create a documented inventory system which is edited by a small group of developers and allowing people to give their ideas to the project.
Also maybe AlFlakky is interested in doing something like this. Just PM me for details :slight_smile:

Hmm, I checked this, but have no such issue… I will now fix other stuff related to RMB and MiniDetails, maybe this will solve your problem.

Are u about to make new system, or just document mine? :slight_smile: Because I will continue work on this inventory and make other ESC stuff, like Dialogue and Equipment systems, that will work alone and with my system.

Here is small update(Let it be Version 0.75) :smiley:

• RMB Menu no more appears on empty slots.
  • MiniDetails now doesn’t show up when RMB is open.
  • Added some comments

Download update:

I used 4.7 P4

Place it in ESCInventory\Content\Blueprints\Inventory\Widgets
DO NOT forget to backup inventory, because I’m not sure, if this kind of update will work :slight_smile:
I will reupload full project later, when I fix more stuff

I mean using your system for example but only with a small team. More eyes see more then one and/or have more or better ideas how systems work. maybe we should create a small skype group for example

I would join :smiley:

Well, u guys always can modify my version of inventory and distribute it. Just let me know :slight_smile: If u want, u can add me in skype, and I will provide support.

Sorry guys, Preview 5 broke everything and now I have to get P4 somehow in order to get access to my code and update my Inventory manually. Please advise to do it faster, otherwise it will take couple of days to get my Inventory work on P5.

Thats why I stopped the c++ translation

Hello guys.

Inventory works on Preview6, I don’t have to fix it(because of P5). Thank u Epic! :slight_smile: