Error TP_VirtualRealityBP.upack but I don't need VR for my project, I think I've disabled all plugins that are VR related

When opening the project this error shows up. Otherwise the project works fine and I can package it with no issue.

LogFeaturePack: Error: Error in Feature pack …UE_5.0/FeaturePacks/TP_VirtualRealityBP.upack.

Is this something that I need to worry about down the line or I can ignore it? or maybe I’ve forgot about some of the plugins that need to be disabled.

I’ve searched in the plugin library for VR, AR, virtual, all appears to be disabled

1 Like

I had the same problem when packages project with UE5. Is there any way to fix this error?

Same problem when packaging, no issues when opening the project. Working with UE 5.0.3 on Windows 11. Looking forward to a solution, still digging…

do you have an error when packaging?

I can package the project without problems. that errors appear when opening a project in the editor on my side

The error is related to the VR Template Feature Pack, and not the VR Plugins. Are you using a Source version of UE, or Binary from the Launcher? If source, make sure that you’ve synced the FeaturePack folder.

I don’t know what you mean by source or binary.

I’m using the editor that is downloaded from unreal, from the epic games launcher.

I’ve created a third person template. I don’t think I’ve included any VR stuff inside

This is a Binary build of Unreal :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reports everyone. We were able to track this down to a localization update that happened to the VR Template’s metadata files. We don’t distribute these files so the issue can’t be fixed locally, however, you can ignore the error and the only “issue” that it’s causing is that the VR Template can’t be added to a project as it doesn’t show up in the UI. You can still create a new VR Template. We’ve updated this for 5.1!

4 Likes

This error is preventing me from packaging my project. Is there a way to fix this?

While you may see this error in the output log, it’s not the reason why you can’t package your project. Paste your output log and we might be able to determine what the issue is.

Still have the this issue occuring when I try to package my game in UE 5.0.3. Is there any way to resolve this?

This was an issue in 5.0 so it probably was not fixed in either of those 3 updates.

I don’t know if UE 5.1 still has it

It was fixed in 5.1, but like I previously mentioned, this is an editor bug only and didn’t block packaging. I recommend you update to 5.1, but if you’re unable to, this issue should not block you and it’s likely something else even though this shows up as an error.

It’s keeping me from making a .Zip of my project. My game was created in 5.0.3 but I’ll try running my project in 5.1. and hope everything works.

what do you mean " a zip" ?

Frpm the UE editor there’s an option to make a .Zip file. It will compress your project using only the things your game uses (so it has an advantage over the regular OS ZIp compression).

Thanks for the advice. I upgraded from UE5.0 to UE5.1 and that fixed the issue.

1 Like