Error - Revision Control Connection Error: The Project directory contains URC data for a different project

So long story short, I had some weird stuff happen to my project, and UEFN ended up creating a duplicate of my original project. I would have continued to use the original, but I had made a bunch of updates to the duplicate, which I didn’t notice was the duplicate until I pushed a private version and it crated a completely new map (didn’t make a new update). So I ended up copy pasting the bindings of the original to the duplicate, and when I published it, it correctly applies the update to the original map. However, I now cannot use Revision Control, and keep getting this errror. Any Help would be appreciated

Thank you for your report! We would like to look into this further, would you be able to submit a bug report using the form available here: Fortnite Creative

At the moment facing a similar situation.

As long as we cannot yet delete projects (only archive - tried, doesn’t fix the conflict), it seems that the only option is new project with different name.

Have you found any further information how to escape the duplicate project trap?

@MihaiUEFN please retry on the latest version of the Unreal Editor for Fortnite - you should no longer have the issue.

I had already “fixed” the issue by archiving the original project, which manifested the problem and creating a new one with the same name. As I know this sounds like a less than elegant workaround, at least it worked at the time. Hopefully no conflicts in the future, but also hoping that we will be able to delete projects soon.

1 Like