Error "Out of Video Memory try allocating render resource"

You will get the same error if you run out of RAM even though it’s technically not video memory.

Hi, I received message and read through and found out that I have Intel graphics 3000. The computer I am using on is from 2012 and is on Windows 7. I updated the driver to the last update in 2015 and I got the game to work but it is not playable. Any suggestions on upgrading graphics cards or what I should do from here? The computer is completely dope (5 foot screen) and I would hate to not be able to play. Thanks!

You need a better graphics card, but it would depend on what computer you have, if it’s a laptop then you can’t upgrade the graphics card, if it’s a desktop then you’d need to see if there’s a PCI-Express slot, then you need to make sure that the power supply would have enough power for the graphics card that you want to buy.

is my dxdiag and whats missing that i cant get fortnite to work on pc

System Information

Time of report: 3/6/2018, 19:59:44
Machine name: HOME-HP
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr.170913-0600)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 03.60.48F.1B
Processor: Intel(R) Core™ i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4044MB RAM
Page File: 1745MB used, 6340MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

See the two posts above yours.

I just downloaded Fortnite and it was running smoothly for two weeks and then after the latest update of port a fort,Fortnite didn’t run.
An error kept coming:
Out of video memory trying to allocate rendering resource
What can i do?
I have Intel HD Graphics 4000 and 4GB RAM

Your computer doesn’t meet the minimum requirements

I am getting the video error message, but my laptop has windows 10, intel core i5, 64bit, 8gig RAM, and I have enough space to run the game. Please help!

Most likely your computer doesn’t have a good enough GPU

I have error lots in the last few weeks… I5-4590, GeForce GTX750 Ti, 8gb ram, SSD :frowning:

Your GPU is on the lower end, it’s probably genuinely running out of GPU memory.

GeForce GTX 1050 Ti OC 4GB GDDR5 for unreal?
1080 price is not for me.

The 1050Ti will work well enough, but it’s a little towards the budget end. If you can squeeze a 1060 or even a 1070, you might be in a better position.

Hey bud! So, I have a trashy laptop and I’m experiencing the same thing. The real solution to is to reboot your computer, and then you have to go into your BIOS (Basic Input/Output Settings) settings and delete video memory from thereforth. I’d do exactly what I just said, except that I can’t cause my dad won’t let me… rip. I hope helps you and the rest of the people that do feel and have the iniative to delete video memory.

Don’t do . Messing around with your BIOS when your hardware is underspec isn’t going to help (and what the heck does ‘delete video memory’ mean anyway?).

The solution is to have a machine that meets the minimum hardware requirements.

when you download too much VRAM, sometimes you just have to delete some :D:rolleyes:

on a side note, I think he’s trying to describe preallocated system ram used for the iGPU.

I have the same error.Is it possible to make lower video card requirements?
Imgur: The magic of the Internet By the way my graphics card is Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti.

You need more RAM, you only have 4GB which is very low, you need at least 8GB ideally 16GB

i have upgraded everything on my pc but error still pops up when i’m launching fortnite
what can i do???

forum is for Unreal Engine, for questions related to Fortnite post here: https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/forums