Error: No version information received on launch

Didn’t work… now what?

To confirm. The issue is still there.

don’t know man… try higher timeouts

I have started a new thread here: Error: No version information received on launch - Getting Started - Unreal Engine Forums

Let’s hope someone helps out there.

Heyas,

Hmm, sorry for the inconvenience! To dig deeper it would help to add some more verbose logging. Can anyone who has this issue add the following section to DefaultEngine.ini (C:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\Launcher\Engine\Programs\NoRedist\UnrealEngineLauncher\Config\DefaultEngine.ini):

[Core.Log]
LogHttp=log
LogOnline=verbose

After making those changes, the next time you receive this error, can you exit the application and zip up all of the logs (c:\users\YOUR_USER\appdata\local\unrealenginelauncher\saved\logs) and post them here? Additionally, it would help to know if you’re currently using a proxy server, or are otherwise in a location where you have to log-in to access the internet. Thanks!

Carlos

Looked in the …\Config directory and only file there was “DefaultEngine.ini.old.ver”. Took the stuff from that file, made one called “DefualtEngine.ini” and put it in there. Added the [Core.Log]-section and now i can actually start and log in!

Providing my log files anyway, since they seem to contain useful information.link text

Edit: No proxy or login-stuff, just plain old NAT:ed internet access.

Same problem here… Cannot connect. Already raised the timeouts and nothing.

Using Fiddler I found out that it is trying to connect to an epic server, but it is returning an 502 HTTP error (bad gateway).

Info on error 502: 502 Bad Gateway: What It Is & How to Fix It

You guys really need to focus on this issue.

Hi everyone, We apologize for the inconvenience and are looking into this issue. To help us investigate the cause, please respond to Carlos’s answer with all of his requested information.

Thanks

Hi everyone, We apologize for the inconvenience and are looking into this issue. To help us investigate the cause, please respond to Carlos’s answer with all of his requested information.

Thanks

The issues has been resolved for me the last 2 days.
I have already sent you my logs from when I had the problem

Just commenting to say that I am experiencing the exact same problem. I’ve re-installed twice, & I’ve checked to make sure IPv4 is detecting automatically & I’ve added unreal to the list of things to let through my firewall, but nothing has helped at all (I haven’t even gotten it to work intermittently, like some users). At this point, I’m about to cancel my subscription after having already paid for a product that I cannot even launch (this is why I was originally afraid to use any product that has no free trial offer, but I gave in anyway & now sorely regret it, but that’s a subject for a different day).

Hey, i got my installation working after doing these steps:

Look in C:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\Launcher\Engine\Programs\NoRedist\UnrealEngineLauncher\Config for a file called “\DefaultEngine.ini”.

If you can’t find one, look if you have one called “DefaultEngine.ini.old.ver”. Take everything from that file, copy it into a new file called “DefaultEngine.ini”.

Restart UE4 and see if it works.

would it be this 2nd file seen here?

Go into the control panel, look for folder options and then look for an option to “hide known file extensions”. Please uncheck it and look again.

But it looks like you have the .ini in there.
Have you tried reinstalling? If yes, add the log commands from below into that file and submit the logs to the devs.

ok, that was the DefaultEngine.ini file, & this is what was in it:

[Configuration]
BasedOn=…\Engine\Config\BaseEngine.ini

[Core.Log]
LogHttp=warning
LogOnline=warning

[HTTP]
HttpTimeout=360
HttpConnectionTimeout=200
HttpReceiveTimeout=200
HttpSendTimeout=200

[OnlineSubsystem]
DefaultPlatformService=MCP

[OnlineSubsystemMcp]
bEnabled=true

[OnlineSubsystemMcp.OnlineIdentityMcp]
bAllowMultiLogin=true
VerifyTokenInterval=300.0

So, you want me to take this copied text above & put it in a new file with the same name & overwrite the old 1, & that will fix it & make it launchable somehow?

No, you already have the file, just add this to the file:

1. [Core.Log]
  2. LogHttp=log
  3. LogOnline=verbose

then follow the directions below:
“After making those changes, the next time you receive this error, can you exit the application and zip up all of the logs (c:\users\YOUR_USER\appdata\local\unrealenginelauncher\saved\logs) and post them here? Additionally, it would help to know if you’re currently using a proxy server, or are otherwise in a location where you have to log-in to access the internet. Thanks!”

sorry i’m still learning all this stuff obviously but as for a proxy none that i know of, & no i don’t have to log in to access the net, this is my personal computer & it’s always connected, thirdly, should i replace "warning"s with “log” & “verbose” or just add all 3 lines you posted as a new part of the file, & here is the screenshot of the logs & a zip[link text][1]:

so i tried adding the log & verbose lines you posted. I tried just adding your 3 lines, as well as completely replacing the ‘warning’ lines I had with what you posted instead, & either way, i’m still not able to get it to launch, so I’m guessing my only option now is to cancel my subscription & find a different game engine altogether, & lose the $19 I wasted on a program that doesn’t work.

Hi nocturna76,

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. Obviously it has occurred for other users in the past, though they mostly seem to have been able to resolve it by restarting the launcher and trying again. We would like to identify the reason that this is still ongoing for you. Thank you for the logs, we will take a look and see if they can help to shed some light on the situation.

We would like to try to work through this issue with you, and get you up and running with UE4. But of course if you would like to cancel or discuss your options, you are always welcome to contact our accounts and billing department.

Cheers

So I have tried everything that has been reccomended here, have changed my firewall, my timeout times, and i am not on a proxy and if i see another post saying to bundle log files i am going to put a screwdriver through my eye, we all are having the same problem , and yet no solution, i have had this program for five days now , five days… still nothing , no response, i am no master coder or anything just a guy that expected a program that is industry standard and rather high end to work when i needed it too, i need a quick and easy fix to this so that i can finally start making a game and learning the program. i have the same problem, no version info , goes to log in screen and asks if i am connected to the internet …