Error: Cook failed

Dear Forum,

I’m getting a Cook error when trying to package my project.

Error: Assertion failed: Mesh && Mesh->GetRenderData() [File:D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\StaticMesh.cpp] [Line: 4425]

Cook-2022.07.03-18.37.50.txt (185.6 KB)

I hope someone can help me out or point me in the right direction.

The way I fix cook errors is to filter out all of the white/yellow warning mrssages and focus on the red ones, often its something simple like a file name being too long or using too many subfolders

Thanks for your reply.
Is there any documentation on the max length of a filename or subfolders?

I would imagine the engine would pick up something as simple as that, and gives the user a proper error message?

Hello TheVolunteerG, I was facing the Same error now.

PackagingResults: Error: appError called: Assertion failed: Mesh && Mesh->GetRenderData() [File:D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\StaticMesh.cpp] [Line: 4828]
PackagingResults: Error: begin: stack for UAT
PackagingResults: Error: === Critical error: ===
PackagingResults: Error: Assertion failed: Mesh && Mesh->GetRenderData() [File:D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\StaticMesh.cpp] [Line: 4828]

Did you solve this error?

You are using Unreal 5.0.2 with an Asset made for 5.0.3.

Hello @TheVolunteerG , @TrueFranco and @kpbind .hope you all are ok.

now im facing the exact error when im trying to package the project, found any solution so far?

also, assuming this error is caused by using an asset which was made for the wrong engine version, (as @TrueFranco mentioned) how can i find that asset in the vast ocean of game assets. :face_with_head_bandage:

thank you in advance.
here is the error :

PackagingResults: Error: appError called: Assertion failed: Mesh && Mesh->GetRenderData() [File:D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\StaticMesh.cpp] [Line: 4828]
PackagingResults: Error: Assertion failed: Mesh && Mesh->GetRenderData() [File:D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\StaticMesh.cpp] [Line: 4828]
PackagingResults: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffbaeec1666 UnrealEditor-Engine.dll!UnknownFunction []
PackagingResults: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffbaee95589 UnrealEditor-Engine.dll!UnknownFunction []

hello volunteerG and goodday,

i know its been a long time, im getting the exact error now, did you find a solution for it by any chance? thanks in advance.

Any resolution to this issue? I am getting the exact same issue. see post: Assertion failed: Mesh && Mesh->GetRenderData()