Epic's GPUlightmass

Thanks for your reply @Arkiras It really works, I turned off the Virtual texture but that force me to restart the UE project and after compiling the shaders there is no light at all in the scene (supose the lightmaps are baked as virtual textures) so I just rebaked the light without the use of virtual textures and boom! problem solved!

The only problem is that im not allowed to see realtime rendering since those options are OFF, supose there is a bug with the UE GPU lightmass at this stage, but I think the best workflow will be to work with the virtual textures ON and for the final bake I will turned OFF.

Also got a message refering to “Texture Streaming Pool Over size” then decided to turn OFF the Texture streaming, not sure if thats a good Idea but solved the issue of the message appearing for now.

Thanks once again!

change your settings min 1024 and try again plase

Which one of the GPU-LM settings do you consider to be “min” to be set to 1024?

gi samples trial samples and quality

Does anybody know how to turn off emissive light?

On GPU LightMass seens to be automatic

Hello
Is there a way to activate raytracing only for GPUlighmass and not ingame?
because activate / desactivate in projectsetting cause recompiling all shaders.

Thanks

Try disabling RTX and also disable GPULM preview. It might just still build lighting, but you won’t have real-time preview in the Editor’s viewport.

Good evening guys, my problem is that my GPU Lightmass (Build Light) button is greyed out, saying RTX is disabled. regarless any settings i followed https://evermotion.org/tutorials/sho…-unreal-engine , i used this tutorial and everything seems to be correct. Plugin, RTX in project settings, etc. I have Geforce 1060 card, UE4.26 Epic build

Is it the 3, 5, or the 6gb version? Because raytracing is only supported by the 6gb version.

3Gb version… But ray tracing is available in settings… can be GPU lIghtmass somehow used on this card, ever? My CPU lightmass crashes when importing back to engine on a big scene and i was hoping this method will help

5Gb ?! I don’t think I’ve ever seen one. 3Gb and 6Gb are the only variants I am aware of .

Wikipedia has a 5gb listed, never seen one myself either.

Not that I am aware of. 1060 6gb is the absolute bare minimum card required for raytracing.

I’m getting splotchy artifacts on dynamic meshes moving through a dense volumetric lightmap. Which is not the case for CPU lightmass in the same scene with identical settings. Already tried to bump the samples/quality to 8k. Any ideas?

1 Like

I think you can pretty much forget about UE4 and GPU Lightmass. It looks like UE4 is in basically maintenance mode and nothing will be improved/fixed unless it’s a crash. It’s safe to say we are gonna have to wait for UE5.x to get proper GPU Lightmass.

Known issue, no way to fix this right now as far as I know.

Darn, alright. Going back to CPU lightmass then.

Is there a way to build the lighting with CMD? There was that option with Luoushuang GPU lightmass

There are many problems, the main one is that some light sources are dark, increasing the brightness does not help, I suspect that due to the limitation of the amount of light to 256. How to get around this? In the documentation there is about it, but where can you remove the restriction?

Hello, I have a black mark LOD1+ behavior with GPU lightmass that was not there with CPU baking. Is that a known issue?

I created a thread explaining the problem: