@EPIC: Please don't minimize editor during VR preview

+1 here too. Even just having the output log up on another screen is much better than having to tilde twice to see errors.

+1 as this is driving me nuts trying to see the output window to catch string messages while debugging as they’re just out of view in the HMD.

+1, can’t always find out why things are messing up, so I’m doing the alt-tab constantly to see the pie message log and output window when loading new levels and refernces start to break. Id love to see this boolean under editor preferences or project settings

Just chiming in as another one who is affected by this. I don’t exactly feel like pulling the hmd on and off for every iterative test I do, so instead just leave it on the table and debug using the mirror/spectator window on the monitor instead. Having an option to disable auto minimizing of the editor would be a serious quality of life improvement, something that I think many more would value more than all the new fancy features that we need to learn/relearn in each version.

hm… that has been addressed in 4.17

Had the same problem when I needed to capture my screen one day. Not only this, for debugging I needed to be open while play, but could not figure out at that time.

P.S. SteamVR app pop-ups with some notification message when it slowing down and its on top of the windows, one day I was capturing my screen while playing in VR and that windows break my capture and I did not notice it because it only pops sometimes, very annoying.

Like @Flash7 says it is already fixed in 4.17
From the changelog: “Added option to Play-in-Editor settings to not minimize editor when doing VR Preview. This allows for easier debugging of Blueprints in VR mode.”

Find it under Editor Preferences -> Play -> Play in Editor -> Should Minimize Editor on VRPIE
Set to false and you are good to go!

The topic should be marked as solved.

Is that option removed from 4.18? It used to be there and it’s gone after we upgraded engine version.

@**NFTS.Games
I can confirm that the option is still there in 4.18.2.
Are you sure you’re looking @ **Editor Preferences -> Play -> Play in Editor -> Should Minimize Editor on VRPIE?

Uncheck [Edit - Editor Preferences - Play - (Play in Editor rollout) Should Minimize Editor on VRPIE]

Sorry my bad. Confused which version one project is as I’m working on 2 at a time. Was looking at 4.16 which doesn’t have that option.

Looks like it was added only in 4.17 :frowning:

+1
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

i came here, to praise this feature. BE PRAISED