Epic MegaJam Kickoff - Oct 6th - Live from Epic HQ

https://cdn2.unrealengine.com/HostForForums/2016/October Epic MegaJam/EpicMegaJamThemeImage01-770x250-336c0077536e96d88cc4d15e2e9099cd154ca022.png

WHAT
We’ll be hosting the OC3 Keynote on the Unreal Engine channel leading into the stream, then we’ll kick off the Epic MegaJam live! We have many great workshops and talks going on at OC3, so be sure to check out the schedule here. Once the theme is announced, the submission forums will go live and you will be able to enter your game when you’re ready. I will read through the rules on the stream, but make sure to read the rules here anyway!

WHEN
Thursday, October 6th @ 2:00PM ET Countdown]

WHERE

WHO

Feel free to ask any questions on the topic in the thread below, and remember, while we try to give attention to all inquiries, it’s not always possible to answer’s questions as they come up. This is especially true for off-topic requests, as it’s rather likely that we don’t have the appropriate person around to answer. Thanks for understanding!

Archive:

When will you be announcing the theme and will you be able to announce it in a thread.

Just cos I am in university today and might miss the announcement over twitch.

Thanks in advance!

-Victoria

Yep! The Epic MegaJam thread will get a new banner with the theme when we kick off the jam :slight_smile:

My question is: will be breaking any world records by streaming over 200 game jam games in one sitting? Holy moly

He’s been visibly exhausted towards the end of some of his playthroughs. Maybe we’ll get footage of him actually losing consciousness live on Twitch.

is there a firm end time? i would personally prefer a set time rather than the “end of stream”

Streams are an ongoing conversation, so its hard to really pin down an end time. They’re good about updating the forum threads based on whats said on the stream, though!

Where would be the proper place to say that I am a programmer and available if a team needs one? I didn’t think the Got Talent section would necessarily be appropriate for Jams.