Epic Games Launcher Unreal Engine Library stuck on “Please Wait” and “Discovering Content

Summary

Epic Games Launcher Unreal Engine Library stuck on “Please Wait” and “Discovering Content”

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Other

Steps to Reproduce

Open the Epic Games Launcher.
Sign in to my Epic Games account.
Select Unreal Engine.
Open the Library tab.
The Library displays “Please Wait” and/or “Discovering Content.”
Wait for the Engine Versions section to load.
The content never finishes loading, so I cannot install Unreal Engine.

Expected Result

The Unreal Engine Library should finish loading, display the available Engine Versions, and allow me to select and install Unreal Engine

Observed Result

The Unreal Engine Library never finishes loading. It remains stuck on “Please Wait” and “Discovering Content.” The Engine Versions section does not become available, so I cannot install Unreal Engine

Affects Versions

5.8

Platform(s)

Windows

Additional Notes

This issue occurs in the Epic Games Launcher when I try to access the Unreal Engine Library. I have already restarted the launcher and computer and performed network troubleshooting, including resetting Winsock and the WinHTTP proxy. The issue continues and the Library remains stuck on “Please Wait” / “Discovering Content.”

I’ve been having the same problem for two days and receiving the same instructions from technical support, even after informing them that I’ve tried everything and nothing has worked.

I have been dealing with this since before 17Aug26

I cant get any work done and falling behind on time tables.

It wiped out my previous ue versions I cant even download UE versions directly because the exe is now behind paywalls for enterprise and big clients only so I cant even work offline

I have the same problem too. I tried a lot of things, like delete the webcache_4430, running the laucher as admin, etc. I even checked the EpicGamesLauncher.log, and it said it found my libraries. the only error I found is this:

[2026.08.19-18.21.07:376][235]LogDesktopPlatform: .../AppData/Local/UnrealEngine/4.27/Saved/Config/WindowsEditor not found, looking for directories in .../Local/UnrealEngine/4.27/Saved/Config/Windows

But it’s 300kb text file, it’s pretty big to point out an error message in it.

Edit: it says “WindowsEditor not found” but the folder is exist

I am also experiencing the same issue. I even tried on a fresh Windows install and still no luck

Same issue here. I could open the projects from the folders but the launcher had the constant descovering content… message. I decided to re-install the launcer which was a massive mistake because now i cant even open any of my projects because it comes up with the “No unreal engine instillations found” message. Tried the delete webcache file but that didn’t fix it. Guess no Unreal for me till this is fix

having the same issue. worked with someone from Epic IRL today who escalated this to their team. :crossed_fingers:

this method work form me:

FIX:

Thanks for the link it worked for me. Cheers!

You are a lifesaver! Thanks for the help!

Epic, shame on you not giving an obvious info about this problem and how to solve it until you didn’t fix the issue, because this make a lot of people big problems.

Estou tendo o mesmo problema minha biblioteca Unreal engine fica com o texto aguarde alguém tem uma solução real?