Epic Game Launcher crash

Steve White. You’re a peach. Thanks for everything,

I’ve had this issue for weeks now and nothing I’ve done is able to fix this. I’ve followed the trouble shooting guide, uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times, removed any suspicious programs, ensured I don’t have lavasoft/web companion, ensured I’m not behind a proxy or firewall, modified the shortcut, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.

The strange thing is that I’m having this exact same problem with the Unity 3D game engine right now. Does this provide any clues as to what my problem could be? I’m going to have to try to reinstall windows if nothing else works…

Is this getting any more attention from the Epic team or is this now being ignored? This has been a significant issue for me for the past month and half. Please help.

I posted a question yesterday and still haven’t recieved a moderators approval for the question. So i’m going to assume its being ignored. Last time i was able to actually use this program was on june 29th.

My launcher just recently started crashing when I updated to windows 10, with no adware software installed. Here’s my Log. Windows defender and firewall are off. Graphics drivers are primed. No windows updates are queued.

Clearing the Saved folder in my appdata allows the launcher to start, but switching to the unreal engine tab - the only tab i actually need - instantly crashes the launcher. It also doesn’t seem to be finding any engine installations, even though I have 4.7 and 4.8 installed.

My .uproject file couldn’t find them either, and browsing to the /program files/epic games/4.8 folder in the “find installation location” didn’t work either. the executable for the actual engine just vanished in my upgrade to windows 10, apparently?

Same exact issue here, ever since the windows 10 update. Hope this gets fixed soon or I will have to go back to Windows 7 to keep using unreal I guess. I probably should do a clean install of Windows 10 but I don’t want to go through all the trouble of backing up everything.

I can confirm that switching back to Windows 7 fixed the crashing for me. No big deal for now I guess but I do hope this gets fixed.

I am experiencing the same problem. here is my log file and diagnostic fileslink textlink text

[SOLVED - Conflict VPN software]

Hi,

I faced this issue too, but my problem was it ASProxy64.dll,

Unhandled exception at 0x0000000180008359 (ASProxy64.dll) in EpicGamesLauncher.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

This is Astril VPN.

After uninstall Astril i can start EpicGameLouncher without any problem.

I recommend in case some problem, review any not OS standard network software and try to uninstall it.

Have a nice day!

Same thing for me. Been having the issue on Windows 8.1 first then I upgraded to W10 and still not working. My Laptop which runs W10 Insider runs it no problem but my main PC makes it crash.

Specs: i7 4790K - GTX 970 MSI - 16GB DDR3 RAM
Repeated crash on OS; Windows 8.1 - Windows 10

Reinstalled multiple times. Uninstalled Lavasoft and cleaned everything Lavasoft and Web Companion related on my drives.

Tried installing the launcher on 3 different drives.

Hi again! I think I solved it but I got another error by doing it. I searched on all my drives for Lavasoft releated and there was 1 dll left running in a application named dasHost.exe so I removed both the dll and dasHost.exe

The new error I got is

Hey folks,
It would appear some users are still having some problems and we’re actively investigating the underlying problem, if you’re still having problems after removing your VPN, Proxy, or Antivirus/malware protection… You can try the workaround below to see if you can get access to the engine.

• Launch Run (WindowsKey + R )
  • enter:com.epicgames.launcher://ue/library

If you have to update, it might take you out of the flow - so you’ll probably crash again; you’ll just need to rerun the command. Navigating back to the ‘Community’ page on the UE section will cause you to crash, so keep in mind you’ll need to launch with this command again should that happen.

Hope this helps!
Thanks again for your patience.

Thanks for the reply steve, but unfortunately I’ve already downgraded back to windows 7. I can confirm that the launcher issues caused by the windows 10 upgrade are immediately resolved upon downgrading back to 7, if that helps.

edit: To confirm, I never had any VPN or proxy software installed, no alternate networking drivers, and windows defender was disabled. Nothing changed on my PC when the launcher broke except my version of windows.

Can you add some fresh Debug logs, while you’re getting this error and I’ll take a look.

Thanks!

Thanks Steve, here is are my new debug and log info:
link text

i have had this issue too! every time i uninstall the UE and the launcher it allows me to log in that time, i can click around selecting everything other than the UE tab, if i do select that tab then the whole laucher crached.

once i try and reopen the launcher it is stuck on the UE4 tab and constantly crashes?

is the same situation everyone else is having and has anyone found a solution to it?

** i can how ever still use the editor but the market place doesnt open and so forth

Hi guys, I need a help! I been trying all the said solution but the “Epicgamelauncher has stopped working” is still popping in my screen. So here is my log. I hope you can help me. (I really need it, because deadline is approaching)

Hi guys, I need a help! I been trying all the said solution but the “Epicgamelauncher has stopped working” is still popping in my screen. So here is my log. I hope you can help me. (I really need it, because deadline is approaching)

link text

I have the same problem. here is my log
link text

Hello. I’m having the same problem. I’m a Windows 10 user and I remove Web Companion. After reinstalling several times the launcher, I’ve found that goes well except when I click on the Unreal Engine tab. Once I do that, the next time I run the launcher automatically goes to that tab and says the “Has stopped working” error.

Here’s the debugging log in case it helps: link text

Thank you for the support