Epic Game Launcher bug

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Other

Summary

When Launching Epic Game Launcher it says that the Epic Editor is running in my library when I had already signed out the day before, this means I can’t access the editor while it’s running

Steps to Reproduce

I’ve signed out again and signed back in but the Editor is showing as running but is not visible to use for me to continue with my designs

Expected Result

I would expect to see the editor to be waiting for me to launch it

Observed Result

Editor running while signed out but not visible to use

Platform(s)

PC

restart your PC

it’s not ideal but it will close the process and let you start it again

1 Like

Hi Zoomer, Thanks for the report.

Before restarting your PC to fix it, see if you can find it running in the task manager. (CTRL + SHIFT + ESC to bring it up)

Cheers

1 Like

Cheers for your prompt replies guys but I tried to log back onto the post to update it with the solution to the problem as I figured it out. If it ever happens to anyone in the future and they find after Launching the Epic game launcher that the UEFN editor is still running but can’t see the editor then look at your visual studio to see if it’s still running verse as in my case this is what happened it was minimized to the taskbar and the game launcher was registering that the Epics editor was still running, if so close visual studio and restart Epic game launcher this should do the trick. Once again thanks.

3 Likes