Environment Work

Hi RyanWatkins,

Color me thoroughly impressed! I am obsessed with the landscape/foliage tool so seeing some amazing landscape work is refreshing!

Thanks , Iā€™m a little obsessed with it too. I have been wondering about the pref cost of the terrain. Would type of terrain be to expensive to ship on a X1 or PS4?

thanks HAI

is indeed very ! Cool work on the worldmachine part and the rocks are also very nice :slight_smile:

As a small feedback, I think they could use more polys since they look pretty blocky (look at the AO that highlights it further in the shadow areas) + I think they are a bit too bright.

But overall as already said, very nice work! :slight_smile:

A couple of questions: The Height Chooser nodeā€¦I have never seen that one before, is it from a newer version or am I just too blind?^^ And your custom macros, are they from the wm site macro section?

Keep us posted and cheers! :slight_smile:

[=RyanWatkins;45088]
@ Bajee : defiantly not real work scale. I start with a 4k terrain and simply adjusted element until it felt right with the FPS camera

work!

Iā€™m curious about how much tweaking you had to do post-import. It would be nice if there was a consistent workflow that didnā€™t require too much tweaking, especially if you want to import and line up multiple landscapes.

[=;49645]
A couple of questions: The Height Chooser nodeā€¦I have never seen that one before, is it from a newer version or am I just too blind?^^ And your custom macros, are they from the wm site macro section?

Keep us posted and cheers! :slight_smile:

Height Chooser is under the Combiners section.(from the current 2.3 version)

Colormap Pro can be found in thread: http://forum.world-machine.com/index.php?topic=2307
Glaciers is from the WM site macro section.

@Xodroc Thanks a lot man! Yeah I updated my version and saw the new nodes^^ Will check out the macros as well, so thanks again for that! :slight_smile:

@RyanWatkins, your scene proves out there wrong when it comes to complain about outdoor environments or compare CE with UE. Bravo! Ultra-killā€¦ I mean, ultra-realistic!

Magnific! Nice job.

Very nice rocks.

Thanks for all the great replies here is an update. The trees are from Pure3D Iā€™m still working on getting a good vegetation shader, but Iā€™m really happy with the models and texture.

&stc=1

Very good work, i like it.

Nice! Although those trees pointing off in strange directions look very odd to meā€¦ really shouldnā€™t they all point almost vertically? Never seen a pine tree grow like that :stuck_out_tongue:

I think texture res could be better, but overall looks great.

All of these screenshots look phenomenal! I thought I was looking at a real world photo.

looks absolutely fantastic and I would love to see how you did it in depth! Perhaps if you have time, could you make a video from scratch on how to reproduce such amazing results?

Woah lovely!

I canā€™t wait to see if you make a Matinee of and take us on a journey through your fantastic world!

Amazing Work Here, Just Stunning! :slight_smile:

Bravo!

Thatā€™s some really great work there. Really has a wonderful, naturalistic feeling. I can almost feel the temperature and chilly humidity of the late spring morning.

-sarcasm alert- I live in Colorado! Iā€™ve been to place! is a photo! ! !
Super cool, man.
p.s. (Bill Murray, CaddyShack voice) ā€œYou should put a mountain goat ur a marmot off to one side. Now thad be .ā€ :slight_smile:

You guys are great! thanks for all the amazing response, it has really kept me going to finish project. Iā€™m think that on the next one I will document it more and do more of a tutorial on my process. but for now here is an update.

&stc=1

1 Like