Ensure condition failed: bFoundCell

Hi, I’ve been working on a project and suddenly started getting the following error when trying to package for windows which I have not been able to resolve. It seems to be related to World Partition, but beyond that when cooking fails I am not getting any indication of how to fix it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cook-2021.09.20-05.01.23.txt (219.4 KB)

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: begin: stack for UAT
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: === Handled ensure: ===
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error:
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: Ensure condition failed: bFoundCell [File:D:/build/++UE5/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Engine/Private/WorldPartition/RuntimeSpatialHash/RuntimeSpatialHashGridHelper.cpp] [Line: 216]
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: Stack:
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007fffd211f787 UnrealEditor-Engine.dll!UnknownFunction []
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007fffcedd808b UnrealEditor-UnrealEd.dll!UnknownFunction []
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff6ca79910e UnrealEditor-Cmd.exe!UnknownFunction []
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff8343e7034 KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction []
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff836282651 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: end: stack for UAT

Found a solution, but it requires rebuilding the entire level. Turns out that when this occurs some data in Content/ExternalActors/ExampleLevel has been corrupted, and I had to delete the folder for the level in explorer. I’m able to package now, but did not find a way to fix this without having to rebuild my level, so be aware. I believe this occured when I crashed while moving files, so be careful as World Partition has some issues like this.

Hi! So I’m encountering the same issue atm. I’m wondering what you mean by “rebuilding the entire level” though.

Did you manually rebuild the entire thing? Or do you mean that you had to delete the externalActors folder and Unreal “rebuilt” the files?

I have an open world level atm, so I really don’t want to have to re-create it from scratch :S

Unfortunately, rebuild as in start from scratch. None of the errors were able to point me to which specific file in external actors was corrupted, so deleting it was the only option I had.

I might suggest making a copy of your project to start, delete that folder, and see if at least it does in fact fix your issue before proceeding.

I hope Epic adds debugging for this to isolate corrupted files in World Partition.

This isn’t look like the solution. Same problem here. Would try to solve it, then i’ll back

UPD:
For me this was solved by:

1. Removing unused splines (LandscapeSplineActor) for road instances that was placed at scene but there was nothing inside it
  2. Set correct World Partition type and layers for all objects on scene, for example by default you can set it to Always Loaded with the layer name “None”
1 Like