Enhanced input - Double click not wanted

Hi,

I haven’t found anyone with this issue (usually peoples try to setup a double clic, not to get rid of it :smile:), and I’ve explored all GPT solutions.
I have only one input action, and I want to use it on triggered. While I press the input, there is a function executing on tick, and when I release it just executes an other function. So far it is very simple and my code works, exept after the first release I have to double click and maintain the second click to trigger the input whereas release works normally.

Here is the action asset :

And the mapping context :

The game is very simple I have one main mechanic, no pawn or character so everything takes place in the controller. I don’t plan to use BP nodes so I haven’t set any UPROPERTY or UFUNCTION

.h :

#pragma once

#include "CoreMinimal.h"
#include "GameFramework/PlayerController.h"
#include "InputActionValue.h"
#include "BallPlayerController.generated.h"

/**
 */
UCLASS()
class OPERATIONBALL_API ABallPlayerController : public APlayerController
{
	GENERATED_BODY()

public:

ABallPlayerController();

//-----------------------------------Functions----------------------------------------

void BeginGame_Controller(); //Called when level is ready

void AddOrRemoveInput(bool Add);

protected:

virtual void BeginPlay() override; 

//-----------------------------------Inputs-------------------------------------------
	class UInputAction* TouchAction = nullptr;

void TouchEvent(const FInputActionValue& Value);
	void ReleaseTouchEvent(const FInputActionValue& Value);
};

In the .cpp I have these includes :

#include "OperationBall/GameObjects/BallPlayerController.h"
#include "Kismet/GameplayStatics.h"
#include "Camera/CameraActor.h"
#include "InputMappingContext.h"
#include "EnhancedInputComponent.h"
#include "EnhancedInputSubsystems.h"

My function called when level is ready (I have a widget doing a fade out from black, it is ready when the fade is over) :

void ABallPlayerController::BeginGame_Controller()
{
	FInputModeGameAndUI inputMode;
	bShowMouseCursor = true;
	ABallPlayerController::AddOrRemoveInput(true);
}

The function to add mapping context. I’ve already logged everything here, the components, the subsytem, everything is fine so I’ve removed a bunch of if/else/log :

void ABallPlayerController::AddOrRemoveInput(bool Add)
{
	UInputMappingContext* InputMapping = LoadObject<UInputMappingContext>(nullptr, TEXT("/Game/Input/IMC_InGame"));
	if (InputMapping)
	{
		UEnhancedInputLocalPlayerSubsystem* Subsystem = ULocalPlayer::GetSubsystem<UEnhancedInputLocalPlayerSubsystem>(this->GetLocalPlayer());
		if (Add)
		{
			UE_LOG(LogTemp, Warning, TEXT("Add Mapping Context"));
			Subsystem->AddMappingContext(InputMapping, 0);
			UInputComponent* InputComp = this->InputComponent;
			UEnhancedInputComponent* EnhancedInputComp = CastChecked<UEnhancedInputComponent>(InputComponent);
			EnhancedInputComp->BindAction(TouchAction, ETriggerEvent::Triggered, this, &ABallPlayerController::TouchEvent);
			EnhancedInputComp->BindAction(TouchAction, ETriggerEvent::Completed, this, &ABallPlayerController::ReleaseTouchEvent);
		}
		else
		{
			UE_LOG(LogTemp, Warning, TEXT("Remove Mapping Context"));
			Subsystem->RemoveMappingContext(InputMapping);
		}
	}
	else
	{
		UE_LOG(LogTemp, Error, TEXT("Controller didn't found input mapping in Game/Input"));
	}
}

And the triggered functions :

void ABallPlayerController::TouchEvent(const FInputActionValue& Value)
{
	UE_LOG(LogTemp, Warning, TEXT("TOUCH"));
}

void ABallPlayerController::ReleaseTouchEvent(const FInputActionValue& Value)
{
	UE_LOG(LogTemp, Warning, TEXT("RELEASE"));
}

AddOrRemoveInput isn’t used with “false” for the moment so I know from the log that the mapping context isn’t removed (and if so, I shouldn’t be able to double click).
This input is the only one I use so I don’t think it could be consumed elsewhere.
Maybe my fade widget? It is removed from parent when the fade is over anyway.

Tell me if I ommit any info/ clue, I’ve tried to review all potential culprits but sometimes it is not enough :sweat_smile:
Thanks !

Edit : I’m looking for this setup :

I’ve found the issue.
I was using FInputModeGameAndUI inputMode; and I forgot to use SetInputMode(inputMode);
So it was still in mode game only as I defined in the begin play (obviously a piece of code I didn’t screenshot)