Emissive Light - Strong flickering

Hi Folks,

i got a problem where all my emissive light in the scene is creating very flickery bounce lighting.
So in this Case i have just a plane with a simple emissive material. And it creates super strong flickering noise around itself.
Please see the video attached here:

Any Thoughts on what could help with this problem?

Thank you!!

Had a similar issue, ended up being I needed to tweak my postprocessing (most importantly auto-exposure) and the emissive amount. Emissive seems to flicker when it’s cranked up too high.

also I remember coming across this console command (I did have to re look it up lmao):

press ~ and enter:

r.Cache.LightingCacheDimension’ to 128

Did not help my situation, but who knows if it helps you.

2 Likes

Just to add to this I also have a similar issue and I found increasing the Lumen ‘final gather quality’ in the post process volume removed this flickering for me.

2 Likes

Having the same problem with my Metahuman hair. Really really annoying that still nobody has a clear solution to this. Mods, devs please…

2 Likes

It’s likely because the emissive material is quite small. You would want to create a secondary mesh with an invisible lumen emissive material that can light up the area. This will give you a better and more refined lighting effect.

I’m sorry I can’t point or guide you in the direction more, my engine version hasn’t been updated to the point when this was implemented.