Eliminating a player by chopping builds does not give elim credit

Summary

When a player destroys the builds supporting an opponent, causing them to fall and die, the attacking player receives no elimination credit. This also happens when the attacker damages the opponent with a weapon immediately before destroying their builds.

I reproduced this in both my 1v1 island and an empty test island.

Please select what you are reporting on:

Creative

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Character

Steps to Reproduce

1 Start a game with two players on opposing teams and fall damage enabled.
2 Have Player A build high enough for a fatal fall and stand on the builds.
3 Have Player B destroy the supporting builds.
4 Player A falls and dies.
5 Check the killfeed and Player B’s elimination count.
6 Repeat after Player B shoots Player A once immediately before destroying the builds.

Expected Result

Player B receives elimination credit for causing Player A’s fatal fall. I think it should say something like PLAYER A gave PLAYER B a little push. in the elim feed

Observed Result

Player B receives no elimination credit in either test. The killfeed says Player A “didn’t stick the landing,” without crediting Player B.

In my 1v1 island, the victim registers 100 damage taken, but the attacker receives no damage-dealt credit for the fall. The surviving player receives a round win through my separate round logic, but no elimination.

Platform(s)

PC

Island Code

7950-6306-4857

Upload an image

did this ever work?

Thank you, @FinestCreative. Getting this looked at.

I am not sure but I do remember this working in BR. When you chop builds it would say PLAYER A gave PLAYER B a little push. I am not sure if that is still a thing in br since now there is the mechanic where you survive fall with 1hp

1 Like

FORT-1163335 has been added to our ‘To Do’ list. Someone’s been assigned this task.