Efficient Post processing?

Hi.

I want to represent a kind of “unload” for several scenes. Different meshes should dissolve bit by bit.

like here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgLLfbnZh2A

But how do I solve this best?

I had thought of 2 ways:

1. I dissolve each mesh individually, which is very detrimental, because I have many textures per mesh and I would have to do this for each texture with many meshes.
  1. i use a post process volume and let the meshes dissolve, but i can’t control what should and shouldn’t dissolve.

Is there a way within a post process volume to only “activate” certain objects and not let effect capture all others?

or do you see another way how i can solve this efficiently?

Thanks

@Savagee25 It’s definitely a post process. PP work on the screen buffer ( as far as I know ) so you can’t pick and choose meshes because the information is no longer available.

if the pp is set to before translucency it won’t effect translucent or additive materials.
alternatively for opaque meshes, you could prevent meshes from dissolving if you have them render a custom depth pass(see details pane on each mesh) and then mask that out in the pp material. it’s not a perfect solution since you’re working in screen space.