Edward's Journey

Merry Christmas all from Edward’s Journey. Took a quick screenshot of a very Christmas-like scene in my game. Let me know that you think and Happy Holidays!

2 Likes

Merry Christmas, @jaremi76 and Edward! :christmas_tree: :cloud_with_snow:

Does Edward have a coat? It’s freezing outside! :wink: Speaking of, does Edward have outfit changes or upgrades?

1 Like

I can probably at some point add outfit changes, but at the moment he can only change out helmets, weapons and shields. I think he just likes walking around looking like a tough guy with his guns out. :wink:

Thanks for the question

1 Like

I finally put together some clips that show the combat system in Edwards Journey.

Edward has a few defensive abilities that include blocking with a shield, leaping backwards, dashing forward, and casting a magical shield that blocks all damage.

He also has many offensive abilities that include his basic melee attacks, clobber attack, spinning attack, ranged magic attacks, and AoE attacks.

AoE ice attacks are good for crowd control.

It is still a work in progress but let me know what you think so far.

Thanks!

Click below to watch the Youtube vid…

Combat Showcase

2 Likes

You’re most welcome!

Edward is certainly a tough guy withstanding weather conditions and various enemies! :muscle:

Thank you for sharing your WIP Combat Showcase! The mushroom enemy is absolutely adorable! :mushroom: The creepiest looking enemy is the nautilus - the tentacles give me the heebie jeebies. LOL!

I’m really impressed with the freeze ability. Does the enemy take some damage upon being frozen, or only after being attacked while frozen? It’s still hard to fathom that Edward’s Journey is a solo dev project! You’re doing an amazing job with development!

1 Like

Very lovely; the combat system in Edward’s Journey looks so much fun! :partying_face:

I’m already obsessed with his freeze ability and magic shield; they’re my favorite from the showcase. :star_struck:

I also loved seeing that there are a variety of uniquely crafted enemies to fight against, all equipped with their unique abilities too. Thank you for this sneak peek into your combat system; it’s coming together nicely! :raised_hands:

Edward’s Journey is roughly 90% complete. I plan on having it ready for release before the end of this year. Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

Congrats on making it this far in your development journey! After four years of development, the time for the big finale is almost here; how do you feel about the release? These screenshots look amazing, and Edward’s Journey looks as elegant as ever! Will you be sharing any updated demo gameplay with us? :partying_face:

1 Like

Stoked to see this release and see everyone obsess over the art style like we have been. Sending you all the support possible. Happy developing in these final stages :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! I feel very excited about being able to release it soon and also very nervous. When you put so much time and effort into something it is always scary to see how it will eventually be received by the public. As a solo developer, I feel I did as best as I could with the limited resources and time that I had, and I hope that shows in the final product.

I’m currently going through every level and populating them with mobs and pickup items. Then I plan on doing many run throughs to balance the mobs to make sure they are not too hard or too easy depending on the gear and level you may have when you encounter them. Fun stuff.
Thanks again for the positive comments!

1 Like

Thanks so much! Currently filling all levels with mobs and pickup items. Then it’s time to do some full play-throughs to balance the mobs so that they aren’t too easy or too difficult as you encounter them. I hope people enjoy it as much as I have making it.

2 Likes

I appreciate the breakdowns and everything posted here! :heart:

2 Likes

I agree wholeheartedly with all that you’ve said. It’s natural to feel both excited and nervous about your creation. However, I am confident that it will be well-received by most players who decide to play! I bet getting to playtest your own game is very fun; keep up the great work as usual; the finish line is in sight. :grin:

1 Like

Edward’s Journey is now available to Wishlist on Steam!

Click to go to Steam to Wishlist

Thanks!

2 Likes

Congrats on releasing it! Really happy to have seen it while in development :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s an instant wishlist for me! :star_struck:

As @PresumptivePanda has so elegantly said, thank you for sharing the development process of “Edward’s Journey” with us here in the forums. It has indeed been a lovely experience seeing your creation grow, and congrats on making it this far in your journey! I have a strong feeling that those who get to experience Edward’s Journey are in for a fantastic ride. :partying_face:

1 Like

Uploaded a new trailer to YouTube. Added a new compass that tracks the main quest, mobs, portals, cauldrons, cave entrances/exits, npcs, etc. Looks nice I think and works pretty well. Been adding more animations to the NPCs to give them a bit more variety to their movements. Things are coming together pretty good. Still hoping to release the game before the end of the year if all goes well. I am also working on getting in on the Epic Games Store.

Please check out the new video and let me know what you think… Latest Trailer

Thanks!

1 Like

Well, it’s finally time for Edward start his little journey. It has taken years, but the time has finally come. I do plan on continuing to work on the game after release. I want to add more dungeons, more places to explore, more gear, basically more of everything, and make any necessary changes that may be requested by the players. Thanks to those who have followed the progress of Edward’s Journey to this point, and if you plan on playing, I hope you enjoy your time with it my little game.

1 Like

I’m unsure if you’re nervous about the release, but you shouldn’t be! I started following your development journey a little over two years after you started, and I can safely say Edward’s Journey is definitely worth playing and the price you set will almost certainly not be worthy of all the immense dedicated work you’ve poured into this creation! With that said, congrats on making it to the finish line! A much-deserved victory lap is in order! :racing_car::checkered_flag::raised_hands:

1 Like