Edward's Journey

Hello all. I’ve attached a few pictures from my 2nd game called Edward’s Journey. It is a top down rpg. I hope to have a new gameplay video soon. Please let me know what you think so far.

Please visit my website for additional information. Thanks!

www.jlssoftworks.com

3 Likes

Here’s a picture from a brand new area that I have been working on…

Edward has learned how to fish! Fishing isn’t just for fun, it can also be very beneficial to Edward. Edward can certainly find fish, but he can also fish up valuable items. He can fish up health hearts, magic jewels, regular jewels, and crafting items.

Edward can now also find treasure maps that can lead him in the direction of some fantastic treasures hidden throughout the lands. He first needs to find a map. He’ll then need to find the materials to craft a shovel. Using the clues on the map, he must find the ‘X’ and dig at its center.

Here are some of the creatures Edward will encounter once he ventures out. It’s just a few that I have right now and there will be a lot more.

Updated Screenshots from my ‘Mossy’ area.

Web Page
Facebook Page

Here is the latest mob I’ve been working on.

Latest Screenshots from various locations in the game. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

JLS Softworks Web Page
Facebook

Edward near a hut in the Dark Forest area.

2 Likes

http://www.jlssoftworks.com/uploads/6/8/5/9/6859467/gif1_orig.gif

Started working on new skills. Here is Edward in the Dark Forest with his magical protective shield up.

2 Likes

First 16 minutes gameplay video. Still very much a work in progress.

https://youtu.be/HSGp8FFaqMU

Finished making a magical deer family for my dark forest area. Any thoughts?
visit www.jlssoftworks.com for more info.

2 Likes

New screenshot since I havn’t posted in a while. Been spending a lot of time working on improving various game systems and finally added a working minimap. Though I usually turn off the HUD when I take a screenshot.

1 Like

Not usually a fan of top down games but Im really enjoying the environment and seeing the progress on this, keep up the good work!

1 Like

Thank you so much. It’s always good getting any kind of feedback, but love hearing some good positive feedback. At least I know I am not designing something that only I would like.

Nice looking game, It’s refreshing to see a game like this will appeal to so many players, sometimes people don’t appreciate how much work goes into creating games, I wish you much success.

2 Likes

Thank You!

Been working on boss fights for my game. That has been a lot of fun. Have 3 nearly complete. I would love to show them, but I don’t want to give too much away. But here is a random screenshot instead.

2 Likes

Here are some new screenshots from a peaceful little area in my Dark Forest Region. No baddies can harm you here.

If you haven’t already. Please like my facebook page. I’d really appreciate it!

2 Likes

A short video of the area I am working on. Still a work in progress.

My Latest Video

2 Likes