I managed to create a basic scene that reproduces the issue:
I created a new blank BP project (in 4.14) with the defaults of ‘scalable’ quality, ‘mobile’ as the target performance, no starter content.
I dragged in a couple of the engine-default cubes accessible from the
I then created a basic master material with a couple of inputs and then created four instances and changed a few of those settings.
I applied each to one of the cubes, however this did not cause the freeze.
I then copied in one of the (still fairly basic, but still more complex) materials from my own game project, and applied one of the instances to one of the cubes.
I also changed the Android settings only by clicking the ‘configure for android’ button, and then changing the orientation mode to ‘sensor portrait’ (just to change some settings a little bit)
I then enabled forward rendering in the
Project-Rendering settings, saved and restarted the editor, attempted to launch on my OnePlus 3 (Android N phone with Snapdragon 820), and witnessed the freeze.
The freeze also occurs when launching on Windows, however.
I then immediately force closed the program so that when I sent it to you, it would not have already compiled the shaders.
NOTE: I did not attempt launching the game on my phone again between the ‘***’ and the final time that experienced the issue.
I hope this allows you to find the issue, though of course, without the constant checking in between changes I made, I cannot pinpoint the cause of the issue - hence why I included my EXACT sequence of alterations.