So I have been looking into some of the other issues on here and cant seem to find one that directly relates to my problems. So I have tried to create some simple logic for a player to host a server for people to play on, every time I try to run the HOST SERVER function UE4 crashes. Here is the logic I have implimented
I am also attaching the crash log.
If you need anything else just let me know
I have moved this into the Bug Reports section. This will be reviewed by staff as soon as possible to determine if there is an engine defect.
hi, just a note on the log, have you deleted the 2DSideScrollerExampleMap? from the log it looks like you created the c++ project using the 2dsidescroller sample template, deleted and my guess is that you havent changed the settings on Project settings.
also, you got a huge external reference errors and “empty engine version”. my guess is that you have moved your project to a different folder (or has been shared) and the project files are broken. have you tried the delete Intermediate/Saved/Binaries folder, change project folder name and regenerated the project files method? (to be followed by the proper recompile)
Will try that tonight when I get home
Thank you very much, This will be a big help
I have a few questions for you that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.
- Can you reproduce this issue in a clean project?
- If so, could you provide a detailed list of steps to reproduce this issue on our end?
- Could you please included screen shots of any blueprints that may be involved with this issue (from the reproduction in a clean project)?
- What results did you have from the test suggested by jblaswu?
- Have you move your project file around?
- Could you provide the complete callstack?
We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will offer further assistance.