Editor Crash when adding collisions to a static mesh by copy/paste of array elements.
How to reproduce:
- Open a static mesh;
- Go to “Collision” → “Add box simplified collision”;
- Go to “Details/Collision/Primitives/Boxes”;
- Right-Click on first element of the “Boxes” array → “Copy”;
- Right-Click on the “Boxes” array → “Paste”;
- The Editor crashes;
- Repeat steps 1-4 as above.
- Right-Click on any element in the array and “Paste”;
Sorry for the delay.
I attempted to reproduce this on 2 different machines here but was unable to get your results. Do you have access to a second machine you could attempt to reproduce the crash on?
If not, could you provide a gif or short video of your repro steps?
We haven’t heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as resolved for tracking purposes. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please feel free to post back here with additional information to reopen the post.
Hi, sorry for the delay.
Yes, I tested on a another machine with same UE version and project, not sure about the object to which the collisions were applied.
- The editor doesn’t crash.
- The item is NOT pasted into the array.
After further testing, I found a set of steps to reproduce this 100%. I entered it as JIRA UE-47655 and our developers will be investigating further. Follow that link to monitor the status of the report.