Ease In values for post-process exposure

Greetings everyone!

I was trying to find a way to put the exposure bias down when the player enters a volume and goes normal using a simple delay.

I can make the change happening using this setup;

However, there is no soft transition. I tried messing with the Ease node but can’t get anything from it. What would be the best way to do it? Quick and dirty is allright, it’s a one time feature in the game.

Thank you for your time!

I’m not a super experienced programmer, but right now it seems like you are simply setting the value one single time, when your actor overlaps the trigger volume. You could start a timeline when the player enters that trigger volume that would then update the post process settings over time. I dont have Unreal with me right now, but this Ease between two float values over time? - Programming & Scripting - Unreal Engine Forums Should answer your question pretty well. Obviously you’ll just want to use a float lerp instead of a vector lerp, and start the timeline once your player has entered the volume, and reverse it when he leaves.

Post process volumes however do have some built in blending functionality you could look into that might make all of this much easier and not call for any blueprinting at all. Check Post Process Effects in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine Documentation for more details.

Hope this helps

Thank you a lot!

I had to hurry and I manage to get the same effect using a sequence animating the exposure value when the box was triggered. It will definitely help to know this trick in the future.

Thank you again!