Dynamic Post process effect

I am trying to make a post process effect that will generate a ripple that will expand to a certain radius and will go through all objects in the world in its path. So far, I have a sphere mask that I’m using as the alpha for a lerp between the scene texture and an outline texture. A few things I’m unfamiliar with are:

• I am trying to make it so that everytime a sound is made in world, a new sphere mask is generated and expands, so I can have multiple instances of these at the same time. Currently, I have one parameter that controls the origin of the sphere mask. I can tell from the offset that I’ll need to rework this slightly, but I don’t know by how much. I found this tutorial that I can learn how to use actors to do this effect.
  • How do I make a sphere mask repeat itself to create a ripple effect and how do I make it fade out the closer to the extent of the radius it gets?

If I can get a push in the right direction, I’d really appreciate it

I think if you spawn separate actors for every sound and use translucent materials on static mesh spheres you might be able to achieve what you want.

This recent live stream might help (I recommend you might want to start watching at roughly 1:17:30 if you don’t want to watch everything.)