Dynamic Navmesh Different in Packaged than Editor

Does Master Branch fixes the issue? (we are having this issue as well and there’s no way to go around it, we might just have to build from source)

I’ve had some luck tuning the CellSize and TileSizeUU settings. Seems more stable when TileSizeUU is divisible by CellSize. On a larger map, I used TileSizeUU=3072 and CellSize=32 and worked in the build.

I updated my project from 4.20 to 4.21 and it seems now as though the dynamic navigation fails to generate correctly in both editor and packaged builds but more consistently with packaged builds.

I don’t get the lines but just the nav mesh doesn’t generate entirely consistently at all in 4.21. Anyone else have an issue like this?

@Nonlin yep that’s the issue I have. Waiting for a fix from Epic.

The issue is fixed in 4.22 (which is the Master branch from git) but for now people need to build from source to have it.

I’m having similar issue using 4.21.1. I have a VR scene when in the editor I’m standing on the ground. When I package the project the ground is at my waist. Not sure if this is a related problem or the same.

Check out the new hot fix for 4.21 (4.21.2)

Has the included fix
Fixed! UE-67239 GitHub 5334 : Fix: Initialize RcNavMeshOrigin in constructor of FRecastNavMeshGenerator

Has anyone ever found a solution for this . tried in 4.21 and 4.22 , nav invokers work normal in editor. but do not work in packaged or standalone game.

Bumping because I’m also experiencing this in 4.22.3. AI will attack me if I get too close, but isn’t moving around/roaming like it does in editor. Not sure why as it was working in previous builds.

Bumping because I’m also experiencing this in 4.22.3. AI will attack me if I get too close, but isn’t moving around/roaming like it does in editor. Not sure why as it was working in previous builds.

Did you by chance use a project from an earlier version and choose to switch versions to 4.22? I began to consider thus may have had something to do with my issue as it seemed to work better in a fresh project. But i am not sure.

This is really specific issue with Nav Mesh and this is Fixed 100 % and works in 4.22.3 and 4.23.
If you would read an Issue that is described here you would see that In packaged game Ai still can move but in limited area.

Your Issue can be anything… Starting with maybe your nav mesh is placed not in Perssisten level, or if you use Nav mesh Invokers something is not configured correctly.

If you have still an Issue I would test it in 4.23. If you still have Issue After testing in 4.23 then fill out proper Bug report.

Well its on persistent level , the nav invokers work fine in 4.20 and i went through all the configs, its when i try to move my project up an engine version or two , it occurs. With the higher engine versions and fresh project it works.