Dynamic Material and Static Mesh Instance

Hello everyone.

Not sure if I am posting this in the right place? If not, please tell me where I should have posted this question.

I am very new to Unreal and game design in general, I have done some experimenting and so far I like Unreal quite a lot.

So I am trying to make a wall or a floor (whatever really) made of static mesh instance, that part I got it working pretty easily just using the thing they are doing in this video:Blueprint Generating Procedural Rooms | Live Training | Unreal Engine - YouTube
Now, I don’t know if it is possible or not, but I was trying to set them with dynamic material instance so that i can change the color of each one on individually, for example if you enter in a room all tile would randomly change color.

So far I seem to only be able to change either all or none of them at the same time.

My question is, is it possible to set different texture using dynamic material on mesh instances?

Static Mesh Instances are all rendered in one or more chunks, using the same mesh and the same material for all of them as an optimisation (Similar to foliage grass). If you want to have differences in colours per instance you’ll have to do something similar to plugging the PerInstanceRandom node inside the Material into a HSL or HSV Colour adjustment node, this will return a random colour per instance.

Hope that helps.