Download

Dynamic Light Shadow Disappears After Short Distance

As the title suggests I am having issues with my shadows from a dynamic light source. The light is connected to the sky sphere.

The issue I’m having is that if I step too far away from the object the shadow will start to disappear. Is there a way to increase the range so that this disappearing doesn’t happen so close to the object?

Also, the shadow itself is very different from what I’d expect shadow to look like. Any idea why that is?

I have attached an image showing the shadow appearing as I get closer to the object. There is a shader, but this issue exists without the shader.

Thanks for reading

Tweak this number, you can type higher numbers into the box:

Screenshot_1

IIRC the distance has a direct impact on the overhead of the light, correct? Smaller distances * pi = smaller area to calculate light-tracing over.

?

Thanks for the help changing that has helped. I could have sworn I tried that before and it didn’t work, but it worked this time. Maybe I just didn’t use the correct numbers. Shadows still meld in a little bit, but it’s much less noticeable.

You can also increase the quality with

But it is a juggling act. It depends on things like how large your scene is. You might have to adjust it in real time, depending on player location.