Dynamic light bleed

I haven’t got any response on ue4 ask, so i’m looking luck here :slight_smile:

I have a problem with light bleeding on wall edges, but mostly when i increase camera distance from light source.
My wall is thick for 20cm.

It is point light with mobility set to Moveable

Here you can see my light settings: I’ve already tried with adjustic Shadow Bias and Shadow Fiilter Sharpen, there are some effects, but light still bleeds on some distance

And here are results:

1. Light turn off

1. Light turn on, on really close distance (you can see first bleed on outer part of doors) alt text

1. Light turn on, on some distance: first bleeds on wall edges alt text

1. Light turn on, on rather far distance: here is really bad bleeding alt text

Shadow bias directly affects that, you might try the new Contact Shadows feature but I’m not sure that will work in this case

As I wrote:

“I’ve already tried with adjustic Shadow Bias and Shadow Fiilter Sharpen, there are some effects, but light still bleeds on some distance”

When adjucting Shadow Bias to 0.2 the small bleed is fixed, but still on the same longer distance the big bleed is present. On lower Shadow Bias not acceptable artefacts appears.

Mayby someone know why it happend only on some distance? Is it some kind of LOD? Can I increase this distance?

I just checked the Contact Shadows, but I dont see any difference.

Hey, did you ever figure out a solution to this? I am having the same problem in my project.