I have this issue.
(something to note about the main tree in the video, there is a second trunk mesh being used as a detail mesh for roots, that’s why it looks like part of the trunk is still casting a shadow)
Here is a second video of the issue.
It only happens on Shipping Builds. In Editor and Dev Builds are fine.
Happens on 4.24 and 4.25
I have figured out it’s only on 3 of my Foliage Type Assets that have been painted down using foliage painter that have this bug.
I just can’t figure out why it’s happening or how to fix it.
The Shadows are Dynamic.
Things I have tried.
- Swapping out the mesh in the Foliage Type
- Creating a new Foliage Type and using the “Replace With” function.
- Creating a new Foliage Type and manually replacing the old trees with the new one.
- Getting old versions of the Map and other files to see if it was something we introduced.
- Pressing the Build button to rebuild texture streaming and reflection captures etc.
- I also tried increasing the bounds on the tree static mesh details.