DX12 raytracing crash laptop

Hi when i launch editor with raytracing enabled it’s instant crash, all my drivers are up to date, my card are 2070 latpop and some integrated intel
LoginId:5bb4d9d4409a6b29b2799db8d744e864
EpicAccountId:f03a62f9b76145fcb83e6710ea5a529f

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000048

nvwgf2umx
nvwgf2umx
nvwgf2umx
nvwgf2umx
nvwgf2umx
nvwgf2umx
nvwgf2umx
nvwgf2umx
nvwgf2umx
D3D12
D3D12
dxgi
dxgi
dxgi
dxgi
dxgi
dxgi
dxgi
UE4Editor_D3D12RHI
UE4Editor_D3D12RHI
UE4Editor_D3D12RHI
UE4Editor_RHI
UE4Editor_RHI
UE4Editor_RHI
UE4Editor_RHI
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_RenderCore
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
kernel32
ntdll

Hello,

We’ve recently made a switch to a new bug reporting method using a more structured form. Please visit the link below for more details and report the issue using the new Bug Submission Form. Feel free to continue to use this thread for community discussion around the issue.

https://epicsupport.force.com/unrealengine/s/

Thanks

Yea, funny thing, i tried that, but after clicking submit, nothing happens :confused:

Hello everyone, i’m having the same probelm (with the same crash report) with my laptop equipped with a 2070 and a i7-8750H, istant crash starting new scene with raytracing
It seems to have no problem when i enable raytracing in a non ray-traced scene, what might be the problem?
Thanks in advice

SO I was having the same issue then I got on a chat with Nvidia and he took me thru a few things - I’m not sure which of these fixed it but here are the steps i did

1. Changed in the nvidia setup to high performance and vertical sync on - mine was one globally and per editor so prob not what did it for me
  2. full install on graphics driver - wipes the old ones and puts in the new - reboot
  3. before I was rebooting I saw that crytek had a raytracing demo so I loaded cryengine and in the loading it said I was missing certain sdk’s and redistributables so I installed all of those - i feel this is what did it
  4. even before i rebooted it opened the Unreal and Unity project file that had raytracing activated and where crashing before I did those things

Try to use DX11, the DX12 do crash for some users, and the DX11 and DX12 do not make a big difference in performance and visuality