DX 12 is not supported on your system

Hello, I installed UE 5.1 and it gives me this error
Š”Š½ŠøŠ¼Š¾Šŗ эŠŗрŠ°Š½Š° (776)
What can I do in order to fix it?
I have rtx 3060 with latest drivers, windows 10 version 1909, 32 gb ram

I -think- Win10 is the problem. Very not sure about that, butā€¦

Is Windows up to date? Have you tried ā€˜dxdiagā€™?

The only other thing it can be is your CPU. Unlikely I think.

I updated my windows the day before yesterday and I have ryzen 7 7000, ā€œdxdiagā€ says that I have DirectX 12

Take a look at this

I think your Windows is still out of date.

Whatā€™s the exact version? Just hit the Windows key and type winver. I think 21H2 is the latest Win10.

version 1909 (OS Build 18363.476)

I think thatā€™s the problem.

Yeah, you need to update to version 22H2. 1909 is over three years old.

2 Likes

You need to reinstall your nvidia drivers again after every major windows update.
Sometimes twice in a month.
once I started reinstalling the gfx drvr after each update I never have a d3d dx12 crash anymore.

1 Like

Do I need to do a back up or I just can directly go downloading? And can you also recommend any like tutorial how to properly update to windows 22h2?

Window should update itself. If it hasnā€™t, it probably means that your hardware canā€™t run it.

In fact, Iā€™m typing this on a pretty good laptop ( 4 core i7 8GB RAM ), but Bill Gates refuses to put Win11 on it. It could run it easily.

Not really okā€¦

but I have quite good pc ryzen 7 7700, 3060, 32 gb ram ddr5

So should I do back up before updaiting?

I have a very good laptop :slight_smile: But no dice.

In my case, apparently the CPU has a bit of hardware missing.

How old is your rig?

Windows automatically does a system checkpoint before updating.

What happens when you go into windows update? Hit the windows key and search for windows update

I have an error

The device is missing important security and quality fixes.

1 Like

my pc is build on AM5, so all components are pretty new

Ok. But if youā€™re getting this message, you need to make these fixes, before you can update.

Can disks be my problem?

Where are you getting this message? In windows update? Then it can solve your problem.

yes, in windows update

First, Bill hasnā€™t been in charge for a long time.

Second, the reason it doesnā€™t take Windows 11, is that it doesnā€™t have the appropriate firmware support for the trusted computing module/snake oil. Itā€™s not about CPU / GPU / memory.

Anyway, when it says your PC is missing security updates, then there should be a ā€œupdate nowā€ button. Press it, and do whatā€™s needed. Also, itā€™s likely the case that you turned off automatic updates a long time ago ā€“ do whatever it takes to turn that back on, because you very likely will have to apply a number of updates, just one, to catch up right now, and itā€™s better to do them each as they come out. (Rather than stay unpatched and vulnerable for three years ā€¦)

1 Like