Dungeon Architect

Hello - I am working with the Runtime Level Builder in the Starter Kit. I want to allow saving and then loading of the levels generated with the runtime level editor. I tried saving and restoring the values from the DungeonConfig to a SaveGame object, but the only variables visible to me are Instanced, Build Time, and Seed. This does not restore the user built level when reload them from my SaveGame. What am I missing?

Wow, I built my own system like this but yours is way more polished and feature filled! Iā€™m sold.

Quick question, can I place slots pretty easily in the snap room areas to spawn additional things? Like enemy spawns, more random rooms within rooms, etc? And all at runtime?

First off Iā€™d like to say this builder is extremely professional and well made. Great work.
I have some inquires about the snap map builder however though, in 2.7.0ā€¦
I saw this issue was posted before, but I wasnā€™t able to find a solution to this.

Basically with the snap map builder, hooking together random modules, it doesnā€™t seem to take account that doors shouldnā€™t be facing nothing, as in empty space. Even though we have the end/branch end slots filled in with ending modules, it still picks some modules with extra doors.

Any idea as to how to solve this and have the algorithm just pick modules with the right amount of connected doors it needs? or is there a similar work around.

Thanks in advancedā€¦

When will we see other than grid buiulders finished? I have high hopes for floor planner.

@Mann79 You have large maps that that work just fine in FPS mode. It will slow down if you have too many lights and a huge world. Having world composition would help if you are making huge levels. 's an example of a fps level in VR

Sure, Iā€™ve sent you the access codes. If anyone needs website access, let me know

@BStbck Iā€™ve fixed the issue and it will be available in the next update

@duyth Thereā€™s some support for transforming the landscape. It will automatically modify the height and weights of the landscape (textures, grass etc which can be controlled from the material)

@RodenHirata If you are building at runtime, you cannot have precomputed lighting. It is only available if you build your dungeon in the editor and save it. If your game is top-down, you should be able to have lights in mobile as only a few of them would be visible at a time and the rest would be frustum culled by the camera

Your word is proof :wink: Iā€™ve sent you a PM with the codes

It should work with 4.17.x. Iā€™ll test and upload a recompiled version if needed

@thelazylion Thank you! The doors facing empty space should be promoted to walls, if youā€™ve specified a wall mesh in the door connection

@AngeIV Iā€™ll finalize all the pending builders soon

I have a custom version of Unreal Engine 4.17.1 with a few mods built from source.

Itā€™s forcing me to rebuild the plugin. However when I try to build with the plugin present I have issues with the wrong header file being the first included.

Any tips on building the plugin from scratch for unreal 4.17.x and future versions?

's a snippet from my logs. Itā€™s about 10x longer than this.

2>F:\Code\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\MarketPlace\DungeonArchitect\Source\DungeonArchitectRuntime\Private\DungeonThemeAsset.cpp(1): error : Expected DungeonThemeAsset.h to be first header included.
2>F:\Code\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\MarketPlace\DungeonArchitect\Source\DungeonArchitectRuntime\Private\Builders\FloorPlan\FloorPlanBuilder.cpp(1): error : Expected FloorPlanBuilder.h to be first header included.
2>F:\Code\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\MarketPlace\DungeonArchitect\Source\DungeonArchitectRuntime\Private\Builders\FloorPlan\FloorPlanConfig.cpp(1): error : Expected FloorPlanConfig.h to be first header included.
2>F:\Code\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\MarketPlace\DungeonArchitect\Source\DungeonArchitectRuntime\Private\Builders\FloorPlan\FloorPlanModel.cpp(1): error : Expected FloorPlanModel.h to be first header included.
2>F:\Code\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\MarketPlace\DungeonArchitect\Source\DungeonArchitectRuntime\Private\Builders\FloorPlan\FloorPlanQuery.cpp(1): error : Expected FloorPlanQuery.h to be first header included.

Well, after doing a bunch of research, Iā€™m able to build it myself by adding:

PCHUsage = PCHUsageMode.NoSharedPCHs;

To every Build.cs file in the module. I get warnings like: ā€œDungeonArchitectRuntime module has shared PCHs disabled, but does not have a private PCH setā€. But this is the only thing I can do to get it to compile. are some references:

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latestā€¦eferenceGuide/
https://answers.unrealengine.com/queā€¦ak-in-415.html

Iā€™m not sure how youā€™re able to build the plugin yourself without this. Maybe you have some modified version of UHT?

A code snippet for how I got it working.

public DungeonArchitectRuntime(ReadOnlyTargetRules Target) : base(Target)
{
PCHUsage = PCHUsageMode.NoSharedPCHs;

Maybe it would help to remove the precompiled header stuff for newer versions? They really changed a lot about how including headers works in newer versions.

Hey, this is my first comment ever on these forums even though Iā€™ve been lurking around a lot of posts.
I wanted to say WoW, you are a programming genius and for being a solo developer you put most of us others to shame!
You must really have a great relationship to level designers, they either love you for making their job easier or hate you for making them loose their job :wink:
Thank you for your hard work!

my landscape modifier only works when the landscape is at the very center (0,0,0) of current level. Is this a bug?

See my screenshots. The behavior differs when you move along positive / negative axis.

Dear,

Do you think it would be possible to use the paint mode at runtime ?
My ā€œgameā€ is more a shared editor and it would be nice to offer my players the possibility to paint theirs dungeons at will.

Thanks !

Since everything is created at runtime, are all your level geometry and lights completely dynamic (as in not static)? How does that work with performance? Are you using any tricks ?

edit: uhmā€¦ You can create levels at runtime in-game, right? Or is it editor only (and therefore static geometry and lights)?

Can someone build me a city using City Builder. I own the plugin but I am having a hard time placing larger buildings and getting the city blocks right. I am working on a VR gameā€¦ I love the plugin but need more time to figure it out. The instance static mesh feature is I get fast fps but I cannot get this for the life of me. I am willing to pay someone to build me a city scene using my assets. PM me if interested. I need this in the next 10-15 days. Thank You