Dungeon Architect

A game powered by DA using the new city builder

Download (Windows)

watch?v=ybZuP8ikTsE

Gameplay:
You enter as a zombie in a city full of humans. Since there has been rumours of recent zombie attacks on nearby cities, they’ve put up turret defences everywhere and you cannot take on these turrets head on.
Turn a human into a zombie, and it will turn others for you. Before you know it, you’ll have an army. Take the city back!

Features:

• Beautiful procedural generated city using Dungeon Architect
  • Generates a random city everytime you play
  • Zombies

Marketplace Assets Used:

• Dungeon Architect
  • AI Behaviour Toolkit
  • Art: Industrial Area Hangar
  • Animation: Zombie Pro - MoCap Pack
  • Animation: Pedestrian Conversations MoCap Pack 1
  • Animation: Pedestrian Walks MoCap Pack 1
  • Particles: Advanced Magic FX 04

[MENTION=28980][/MENTION] – that is . I can’t wait for City Builder … it is definitely going to get a lot of use in a couple of my projects.

So excited … 8-}

Good job, and everyone who has been hesitating about this product … don’t … it is worth it, I have had it for a while and is worth every penny. 8-}

I purchased a plugin from the website.

I can not access the website at this time.

How do I get the latest version of the plugin?

@simpple, the website is up. Please try now

Great asset, I’ve bought DA a while ago for unity at the asset store and now, after moving towards to UE, it’s good to see that it’s available as well!
I remember that your tool has had built-in brushes for building levels manually, but it was a little bit limited.
I’m working on a project with a modular level design and it’s really time-consuming for me to place blocks in the old-fashioned way by dragging/duplicating/deleting them in the scene manually.
I’m just in the beginning of my journey in this project and currently looking for a better level creating tool to use.
So tell me my friend, is it possible to construct by hand something familiar to what you see in the attachment?
Thanks!

Image link: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Okay, thanks

Hello.

I just tried to package my game for Win64.
The packaging process went fine, but when I try to start my game I get this:

UE4Editor_DungeonArchitectRuntime!SceneProviderCommand_CloneActor::ExecuteImpl() [d:\build++portal+main+full\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\dungeonarchitect\source\dungeonarchitectruntime\private\core\sceneproviders\sceneprovidercommand.cpp:180]
UE4Editor_DungeonArchitectRuntime!FDungeonSceneProvider::RunGameThreadCommands() [d:\build++portal+main+full\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\dungeonarchitect\source\dungeonarchitectruntime\private\core\sceneproviders\dungeonsceneprovider.cpp:90]
UE4Editor_DungeonArchitectRuntime!FDungeonBuilderTask::RunGameThreadCommands() [d:\build++portal+main+full\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\dungeonarchitect\source\dungeonarchitectruntime\private\core\dungeon.cpp:298]
UE4Editor_DungeonArchitectRuntime!ADungeon::Tick() [d:\build++portal+main+full\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\dungeonarchitect\source\dungeonarchitectruntime\private\core\dungeon.cpp:122]

Seems like the problem is with the dungeon architect code.
Do I have to do something particular to make this work?

Any of updating the “Dungeon Architect Deathmatch Demo” code to UE 4.14? The Shooter Game is now on 4.14 and the project won’t build or even generate the source files for a manual build after overwriting the files.

@dkoding I’ll have a look
@graysan I’ll have an update soon

Hey Peter Shoferistov, It is not possible to do that with DA currently. I’m however working on improving the paint tool in the coming weeks

@qdelpeche Glad to hear! Looking forward to seeing what you create

Makes sense. Spline support would be necessary. Is it likely?

Great job on Zombie town. Now that you’re finished with that can I get this example pretty please? :slight_smile:

is city builder already available for DA?

I’d like to generate (offline) multi-story dungeon, using pre-made areas and generated areas. It needs to have baked lighting, but some areas with breakable geometry need to have stationary lights. Is it achievable (via Blueprints only, no C++) ? Are there tutorials about this kind of approach ?

@ Any ETA for the scaling problem with spawn and the failing physics constraints on spawn using Runtime builder? Did you get my trouble asset I send on mail?

I don’t know if it’s upcoming holidays or what, but this thread used to be more lively/responsive :frowning:

Are there any docs with guidelines about designing modular geometry for DA ? (mostly interested in tile dimensions and general guidelines)

@DrinkThisPotion, it contains a lot of modified third party dependencies which I cannot share. The Industrial Hangar art asset is not modular. It didn’t have the X road junction, so I’ve made a custom one by modifying the existing T-road junction in blender. Since this becomes derived work, I cannot redistribute the mesh. I’ll check with the author. I’ve also modified the AIBehaviorToolkit a bit to make the NPCs walk all around the city by themselves without needing an explicit spline path as required by the asset.

I’ll create a stand alone demo with free assets when I get time and share it

@DjGrave, it will be available in the next update soon

@ you can set the light mobility from the details panel of the light node

Once your dungeon is built, lightmass should bake lighting into your actors, like any other level (provided your lights and actors are also static)

As for using pre-made areas in the dungeon, there’s no good way of doing it as of now