Dozer: a simple runner for continuous integration / development / deployment / delivery (CI/CD)

I wasn’t able to find a cloud CI/CD solution that would handle building UE projects. (Still searching, if you know any, please let me know.) I started looking 2 months ago and I have eventually decided to create my own simple CI/CD runner so I could automate a few repetitive tasks I needed to do with each build of my UE project.

It turns out running CI/CD UE builds locally is efficient, because:

1. The environment is already set up, you know it works, there’s no environment guessing.
  2. UE doesn’t have to download each freakin’ time you launch a build, so it’s as fast as it gets.
  3. Debugging of individual CI/CD steps is easier than in the cloud.
  4. Once you have your pipeline well tested, you can still move the builds to a server.

So here comes Dozer, a (free) simple CI/CD runner. You might find it handy.

Here’s a complete guide on how to utilize Dozer for UE builds and Microsoft Store deployment, but you can feel free to use it for literally any repetitive scriptable tasks.

Hope it helps. :slight_smile:

Update Oct 16, 2022: Dozer 4 released with a lot of improvements.

2 Likes

I actually created a post asking for help about building a CI/CD with TeamCity or/and AWS. It seems very crazy there’s no tutorial out there about building a CI/CD for Unreal.

I have built multiples CI/CD on AWS…but can’t find anything about doing it for Unreal…It’s the unfortunate things of the games industry I find…no sharing…

Nice Stuff, Thanks for the info

1 Like

I’ve created an Android / Google Play CI/CD pipeline: Unreal Engine Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) with Dozer

1 Like

Update Oct 16, 2022: Dozer 4 released with a lot of improvements.