Dots of lights between meshes - Lumen and AA

Hello,

I’m a UE newcomer. I purchased this asset, and I’ve found that there is some light bleed between modular wall meshes (though I guess it’s not the traditional term for it, where light covers the surface). It’s more of a dotted “peek.” You can see it on the walls in some of the interior screenshots. My assumption was that the meshes weren’t quite aligned, but when I do it manually (rather than relying on the prebuilt project assets), I get the same effect. The only thing that resolves it is overlapping the meshes, which causes flickering (which is the common result, and I’d like to avoid it).

In UE4, the dots do not appear. I’m assuming it’s related to Lumen, but when I adjust AA settings, it also affects the specks of light that I can see between the modular pieces (but doesn’t remove them completely). Is there any way to get rid of these specks completely in UE5? I’ve made every adjustment to Lightmass that I could think of (though I don’t know if it has an effect). Lighting is all dynamic.

Could you upload some screenshots to showcase the issue you are facing? I tried looking at the marketplace images and had problems seeing the peeks you are referring to.

I really appreciate you looking into this - below are screenshots I took. Meshes are Nanite-enabled (aside from modular meshes that include windows).

Imgur Album

I labeled the images where Nanite was on vs off.

The light trickling in and affecting the ground disappears with Nanite disabled, and the dots are reduced by a decent amount, but the problem still remains.

Thus far, my “best” solution has been to merge meshes and then jacket them, although I don’t know if this causes inefficiencies.

Ughh, yeah… that is a bit too visible and I totally get your frustration.

You could try a variety of things as well, perhaps see if the anti aliasing method is causing any issues. I would download another free modular pack from the marketplace to see if there are any issues from other packs… if it is, then it is probably some setting on your end and not the way the pack has been created.