Does the Dev ever visit this forum?

How about some feedback on the feedback?
The title says “Feedback for Unreal Engine team” and I never see any feedback from the dev themselves.

In general Epic forum traffic is minimal (compared to Unity and others) and there is a good reason why. (You need more granular forums and more involvement from the dev)
I’m not sure what the purpose of this forum is if we don’t even know if the dev read it.
It won’t take too much time to jut down a line or two but, is there an internal rule not to get involved with the community?

It seems like the dev are all busy making Fortnite and we get a dump from it once in a while.
Oneway traffic, and that’s pretty much it.

Epic needs to hire some(more) community managers to communicate with the community if the devs are so busy. I’m not sure if there is a community manager already. If there is, the person has the easiest job in the world; just post announcements once in a while and let users ask and answer among themselves.

Epic has grown out of garage dev days and they should act like one.

I have to agree with this.

Sad truth. I think it happened around time Fortnite started to be success.

2 Likes

Similar stuff happened in years between UT3 and UDK or really until UE4 was released.
It was big plunge into emptiness from Epic side, at least it looked that way from forum members pov.

Epic just outgrew most of their managers and pr people. I see this also in corporation i work for, scope and size is so big, that old good managers are starting to be lost, they still know what they do, but something is missing.

Thinking of it now: solutions that were adequate for smaller company do not work for big one.

So lets wait for UE5 official release, Epic want hype so they probably again throw some bones to this forum members.

1 Like

Hello, new community manager here. I am still getting used to jumping around in here and personally tackling the best method of choosing where to be when needed, so I do apologize if I appear as spread thin while I spin up and get my bearings here.

My attention was directed several times this morning through tags, so please don’t hesitate to tag me in the future. It does genuinely help to get a post seen by me.

There is not anything that I can do about your experiences in the past, and simply promising something on my end isn’t a solution either. What I can say with certainty is that I am a single individual who admittedly doesn’t have all of the answers, but I will serve my best where I am capable to do so. If I don’t have the answer, I will try to find someone who does - this may be done internally and could take some time, so I will do my best to give some kind of public confirmation when this is happening as to avoid it looking like a topic was dropped.

There are big things planned for UE5, yes, but I will do my best to try and help you feel supported now as well.

5 Likes

Hi, Tina,
Thanks for trying to reach out. I really hope the communication improves. Anything would be better than nothing.

As a starter, here is a post I made a while ago. I’m sure it’s not an engine-specific request and many users would appreciate it.
Let’s if we can get some answers. There several more requests/feedback since then, but I don’t want to put too much pressure on you from the start. ^^

Cheers!

Thanks.

Thank you for pointing me towards that post! There’s some really great suggestions in there.

1 Like