Does Lumen support Actor with Procedural Mesh Component?

I saw from the Lumen website that if hardware ray-tracing is enabled and supported, Lumen works with dynamic mesh such as skinned mesh. As the Lumen website says,

Hardware Ray Tracing supports a larger range of geometry types than Software Ray Tracing, in particular it supports tracing against skinned meshes.

Dynamically deforming meshes, like skinned meshes, also incur a large cost to update the Ray Tracing acceleration structures each frame, proportional to the number of skinned triangles.

My platform is the latest Windows 10 with RTX 2080 TI. I also enabled hardware raytracing support for Lumen in my project setting. However, when I created an actor with a procedural mesh component which is initialized using C++ during runtime, I could not see the indirect lighting such as reflections. I’m wondering

(1) if the current Lumen supports procedural mesh or not; and
(2) how I can check if the hardware ray-tracing is being used.

Use StaticMesh to generate procedural meshes, and transplant the distance field construction code to runtime.

that’s it

Can you elaborate more? In my opinion, it is difficult to generate a distance field for arbitrary mesh in real time. For a dynamic mesh, the shape of the mesh varies in each frame, so generating a distance field needs to be done in every frame.

I think what my original question ask is how to let Lumen use ray-tracing instead of using distance field, because distance field is designed for static mesh while ray-tracing benefits dynamic mesh. How can I enable this and confirm it is enabled?

I don’t think this can be done, lumen should still need SDF