Summary
Hey everyone! I am having a very annoying issue with Unreal, and I have a deadline coming up. All geometry in all my Unreal projects started creating these strange offset silhouettes. I can see it is related to Lumen GI, as when I reduce the Global Illumination scalability to low, this disappears (but so does the lighting
). This has started happening with every project on my PC. Using Unreal 5.8.2 with NVIDIA RTX 5070 for Meta Quest 2. This is an archviz project that I wanted to create while using Lumen and Nanite (not following the traditional forward rendering approach). I have had similar issues before but it would usually get fixed with reinstalling NVIDIA drivers, but not in this case. I am not a beginner user, but I also donโt know that much about the technical and hardware side of things and project settings, especially with VR.
Any kind of insight would be extremely appreciated. If I can provide any additional info that would help, let me know. Thank you!
Please select what you are reporting on:
Creative
What Type of Bug are you experiencing?
Other
Steps to Reproduce
No idea ![]()
Expected Result
.
Observed Result
Strange offset silhouettes, 2 on each side, that get offset closer or farther away as you zoom in our out on objects, as you can see in the video attached. Much more apparent in shadowed areas, with ambient lighting.
Platform(s)
VR Meta Quest 2 (OpenXR, Directx12 etc)



