Distcc

Does anybody have information on how to get Distcc running with UnrealBuildTool? I see it is supported and the next step for me is to debug the tool in order to find out what I’m doing wrong. Can’t seem to find documentation on this online.

Should probably also mention: I’m setting the options for UnrealBuildTool in the file BuildConfiguration.xml in Engine/Saved/UnrealBuildTool/BuildConfiguration.xml, and my ~/.dmucs/hosts-info looks like this:

10.9.8.58 9 10
10.9.8.26 9 10
10.9.8.22 9 10

I’m using linux if that wasn’t obviuos already, using the 3dluvr patch for UnrealEngine. Any help would be greately appreciated in advance, working without my build accelerators is very painful :wink:

I am not sure if Distcc actually works with UBT in Linux, and I never really thought to look into it as I have 16 cores. :wink:

At a quick glance, I see we do not define CanUseDistcc() so you need to add that into Engine/Source/Programs/UnrealBuildTool/Linux/UEBuildLinux.cs

public override bool CanUseDistcc()
{
    return true;
}

You might also need to look here for add Linux part: Engine/Source/Programs/UnrealBuildTool/Configuration/BuildConfiguration.cs#L548

Remember to re-run ./GenerateProjectFiles.sh to rebuild UBT after making changes to it.

Did you ever get this working?