Distance for drawing lightmaps build light

photo_2023-09-09_03-55-36

Hello everyone, my workshop colleagues and I encountered a problem with the range of drawing lightmaps when baking.
I build scene on 5.0.3 using Luoshuang and also tried it using GPULightmass, in both cases the problem persisted.
My colleague at the workshop has the same problem, he build scene the light at 5.2 using GPULightmass.

The essence of the problem is that when I move away from the object, the seam artifacts of the lightmaps are visible on it, but if I get closer, they disappear.

Virtual textures and streaming textures are disabled, the lightmaps of this object have a good scan. The resolution on the lightmap is high
photo_2023-09-09_03-55-36

Hi, can you post an image of the light map?

Here is a light map similar in the unreal engine, and all other parts of the pillow are the same

Can you show them in Unreal Editor? I think yours may overlap. Each UV island needs to be unique. You can’t use the same space for two different parts of the mesh, even if the UV is identical. Does that make sense?

Try what is shown in the image below. Create a 2nd UV set for lightmaps in the Build Settings of your mesh. Hit Apply. - You may need to change the Source Index to 1, depending which UV channel works better for the lightmap.

Then further down in the General Settings change the Lightmap Resolution to the same value as above (256) and the UV Coordinate Index (channel) to 1.

Then rebuild lighting and see how it looks.

When I said that the lightmaps are identical, I meant that they are all of good quality. I uploaded screenshots of all maps of problematic geometry

I did everything as you and build scene, unfortunately the problem did not go away, when you move away the seams appear, but when you get closer they disappear

I have the same problem. I haven’t found a solution.
Maybe someone here can help us?

It’s very difficult to diagnose those problems over the internet. It could be the mesh uvs, the mesh settings, the project settings, the lighting actors, the lightmass settings.

You need to narrow it down. Your uvs look ok. But you could attach the fbx file of the cushions and I can have a look.

You could also try to make a new project that is not based on a template, don’t change anything. Put a static light and your mesh in and build lighting with standard CPU lightmass. If that looks ok then start making changes to the project settings one by one. It will break at one point. That’s where the problem is.
Unfortunately not every tutorial on the web is 100% correct.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your time
I’ll try to fix it

Hi Karev, Have you found the solution for it ? Thank you in advance

Increase the screenpercentage to get rid of this issue.