Distance Field shadows, stationary and static objects

Hi there!

At the moment I am working on an project.
I had to ditch static lighting as the level has movable opening doors and animated trees. It seems that the only salvation might be the Distance Field shadows, because they are cheap.
But is it possible to use stationary lighting with moving shadows on some stationary objects, and make everything else (90 level objects) static with baked shadows? I tested this method on a simple level, and concluded that stationary light does not bake shadows on static objects. Does this mean that I will have to make all objects in the level stationary and refuse to bake?
And the second question (When Distance Field Shadows is disable). Is it possible to adjust the sharpness of stationary shadows. They are too sharp.

Distance field is for when you have moveable skylight and directional ( I seem to recall ).

You can use static lighting with moveable objects, all it means is they don’t take part in the light build ( because the directional light still remains moveable for them ).

For softer static shadows see:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/development-discussion/rendering/89063-soft-shadows

Sounds good. But stationary objects do not cast any shadows at all

(
Can this be fixed?

Neither do moveable ones. Best to go with stationary, at least you can change the color and intensity then…