Distance Field Shadows are not working at all for me. My engine is 4.16. I’m getting really bad shadow quality and shadows keep disappearing when the camera is a bit far away.
- I’ve enabled Generate Mesh Distance Fields in project settings and the editor restarts. It generates mesh distance field in background.
- I’ve enabled Generate Mesh Distance Fields in static mesh setting of the mesh and set the distance field resolution scale to even 100.
- I placed it in the level and it is Static.
- I placed a directional light and make it movable and enabled RayTraced Distanced Field Shadows.
- I played around with Distance Field Shadow Distance
- Engine Render Quality is set to Epic, Cinematic.
But nothing changes at all from the start. Not even a single thing changes as I enable the settings and played around with it. Shadows are still bad and keeps disappearing when far away.
Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.
Here is “Mesh Distance Field” Visualizer