distance field meshes flickering on a big level [5.3.2]

Hello,

since may 6th my distance field shadows have started flickering crazy strong, like “epilepsy warning” strong.
I checked around, learned a bit more about the whole thing, saw other similar/very same questions, but I still don’t have a solution for mine.

To note is that I have a big level with many actors (almost 5000) and a lot of foliage. On this level, as I place around some ivy to test an area I notice flickering start.
on another empty level the flickering does not happen.
Since then, all the distance field meshes are flickering as described above.

I deleted the meshes I had just placed, sort of a rollback to see if I had “surpassed” a limit, flickering is still there.
I manually removed “affect distance field lighting” on all meshes except one, but it still flicker.
I even ended up toggling off the “generate distance field meshes” in the editor settings, but I need it for some of my foliages that otherwise look terrible.

Both in PIE and in packaged, both with and without lumen, it keeps on flickering.

In the picture I uploaded it show the two “statuses”, it flicker from one to another every 0.05 seconds. (this is just one example).

I have an NVIDIA 2070 (rtx i think) but the latest drivers are from 16th of april (while the issue appeared on 6th of may).

It’s driving me crazy not knowing what is causing it.