Dissable SSR Per Material

Is there a specific way to disable screen space reflections per object or material? I am creating a motorcycle racing game and I am having trouble with SSR. The motorcycles have a lot of chrome, which needs a low roughness value. SSR isn’t intended for dynamic objects, which is evident when the motorcycle is in motion. (obvious artifacts/ghosting)

SSR is will greatly enhance the look of the environment, so I would like to keep the feature. But the artifacts caused by SSR on dynamic objects are very distracting.

Any ideas?

I’d also like to see this feature implemented.
In some situations it is crucial to have precise control over which material has SSR and which hasn’t. The example given here by Stimpanzee illustrates this perfectly. Since this is already possible for translucent materials, why not give the same option for opaque materials as well?

This is not doable in the current state of the engine. I also think there might a performance impact since the engine is using deferred rendering for opaque objects. Which makes it quiet hard to do per object shading.

A solution would be to dive into HLSL and write your own shader.

You could also disable the SSR and use higher resolution reflection captures which are available in 4.12.

Not sure if turning on the “Fully Rough” option disables SSR but it does look a lot better. But this option seems to disable all specular contribution.