Discovering Perú, my beautiful country. Cinematic made with Unreal Engine 5

Hi Guys, to celebrate Peru’s Independence Day, I’m sharing a new cinematic named Discovering Perú, where I created different locations of this beautiful country, from the Amazon river, Lima, Arequipa, the Rainbow Mountain, the Huascarán mountain to Machu Picchu, made in Unreal Engine 5 using Megascans, marketplace assets, photogrammetry and models made by me.
The background music was also made by me for this cinematic.
The creation of this cinematic was thanks to the power of Unreal Engine 4 (UE4) and enhanced with Unreal Engine 5 (UE5) with Lumen and Nanite

More screenshots: Artstation

Thanks for passing by, I hope you like it!

90 Likes

Well done! The video, the angles and the overall picture are at an extremely high level.

2 Likes

Thanks AntiGravity, I’m happy you like my work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks aVisDidenko for your nice words.

1 Like

You’ve done Peru a great justice sharing it with the world in this way. Beautiful video :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Really well done! The boat shot brought me back to when I did a research trip in Peru!

1 Like

I wanted to do my best to show the beauty of my country, thanks for your nice words. :blush:

1 Like

Está Brutal ! … Felicidades! … Saludos desde Paraguay

1 Like

And you have done a Steller job of that.
Kudos and continue to make breathtaking imagery.

b

1 Like

Thanks for your beautiful words, I’m grateful for such nice comments :blush:

Muchas gracias compañero!

Legendary work!

1 Like

This looks beautiful! Well done!!!

1 Like

Wow! You’ve done an incredible job of representing a stunning place! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Perú has been on my list of places I want to visit for decades - now I want to go even more…

Serenity x

1 Like

Stunning work, this is really a marvel and a good showcase for UE5.

1 Like

I have some suggestions to keep the “real life” illusion going, but only some (dolphin movement, some shots of palm trees, penguins shot) because the rest looks larger than life. Amazing work, congratulations!

1 Like

O…M…Gee! @Jhosep_Chevarria , this cinematic is absolutely gorgeous! Legendary! You never cease to amaze! I’ve been called to Machu Picchu for about a year now and have yet to make that trip! To scale, the Nazca Lines might be too large to include in your world. :thinking: Wait - AND you created the background music?! :scream: I’m convinced you’re a creative polymath!

@AntiGravity took the words from my fingertips! This definitely looks like a travel industry video!

Tell us, how many days/months did it take for you to create this marvelous wonder (including creating models)? Did you find one annoying challenge in creating this project? If so, what was it?

3 Likes

Great work!! the lighting is perfect…

1 Like

Thank you so much for the advice! I most definitely have to go now! How much would you recommend saving up for the best Peruvian experience? Did you see any spiders along the path up the mountain? How should you dress for such a trek? Are there any annoying bugs such as mosquitos or gnats?

1 Like

Thanks for your nice words, the research and collection of references took around 1 month (the hardest task), then, each scene took from 1 to 2 weeks (full working days), Machu Picchu 3 weeks (I did previous attempts in previous years since the UDK days and gained experience with it). Megascans and nanite reduced drastically the time of development of this cinematic, I sculpted the landscapes with the modelling tools inside UE5 (Dynamesh). There is a lot to explain, and I’ll do it in detail in the future.
The background music creation took 1 week (during free time).
I’m really happy you like my work :slight_smile:

1 Like